Story Pakistan-New Zealand-South Africa Tri-Series

Forty Over Update

Well can you believe it a very peculiar start by NZ. The score currently stands at:

SCOREBOARD
144/0 (40ov)
Astle 67n.o.
Fleming 66n.o.

Richie Benaud: Still no wickets down, and Astle has picked up the pace and has more runs than Fleming who is going in exactly the opposite direction, now he?s going at a rather pedestrian speed! Both in the mid sixties, but only 144 after 40 overs.

Waqar Younis: Yes a bit of a strange game going on, this is more like a short test match than anything else?

End 1st Innings Update

SCOREBOARD
NZ 182/5
Astle 67
Fleming 66
Afridi 5-2-16-4

Waqar Younis: Wonderful performance by Pakistan, taking 5-38 in the last ten overs to leave New Zealand 5-182 at the end of 50 overs. Afridi took 4 wickets, including 3 LBW?s, and Kamran Akmal took a brilliant stumping to remove Astle off the bowling of Shoaib Malik.

Richie Benaud: Yes great stuff by the Pakistanis, a very tough pitch to bat on a harsh sub-continental conditions also, but New Zealand will know that the pitch is deteriorating fast, and they have Daniel Vettori up their sleeve. The game will be decided on how Vettori bowls, as he is the only spinner in the side. Join us back here in Lahore for the Pakistan run chase in about 40 minutes.

Attachments

• afridi celebrate.jpg
    afridi celebrate.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
please note that I had to Autoplay most of that innings, but have now sorted the problems with that and fraps. I promise NZ will do well in the bowling department!

NZ shud have posted up a much higher total, good bowling by Afridi, pakistan should defo be able to chase this target.

Pakistan Zindabad

Astle Interview

Ian Botham: Thanks for joining us Nathan.

Nathan Astle: No problems Ian.

Ian Botham: Well some good opening bowling and a very slow pitch contributed to a rather slow start and then it sort of continued on, dont you think?

Nathan Astle: Yes well Sami and Rana bowled really well at the start, and then Stephen and I got bogged down a bit. But I think with the situation with the pitch, we did alright and at least we didnt get out.

Ian Botham: Yes good point you bring up there about the wickets. But anyway, how do you think you'll go on the bowling and fielding side of things?

Nathan Astle: Well if Kyle and James can tie them down to around 3 runs an over at the start, we'll do ok. Theres always Chris, Jacob, Scott and Daniel that we can rely on and I might have a bit of a bowl as well.

Ian Botham: Well Nathan all the best and thank you for your time.

Nathan Astle: Thank you.

Attachments

• astle in game.jpg
    astle in game.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 28
Start innings 2

Ian Smith: Well welcome back here to Lahore for the second innings of what is shaping up to be a very good match.

Alan Donald: Yes a very interesting contest here, New Zealand setting 183 to win, but on this pitch that looks a hard task!

Ian Smith: What do you think will be the decisive factor in this game, after seeing the first innings.

Alan Donald: Daniel Vettori. He is an excellent bowler, andi think he?ll probably only go for around 20-30 runs off his ten overs. The only thing worrying New Zealand probably at the moment is not the target they set, but because they didn?t play Chris Harris or Paul Wiseman.

Ian Smith: Well we?ll take a break here at Lahore, but after the break we?ll hear from Richie and Waqar for the start of the second innings.

SALMAN BUTT RUNOUT

SCOREBOARD
Pakistan 17/1 8 overs
Yasir Hameed 8*

Richie Benaud: Well no-one thought that it would happen quite like this, we thought New Zealand batted poorly, well this is just ridiculous!!!

Waqar Younis: Yes Richie, Salman Butt tapping the ball down to Franklin at mid on, and he had no troubles in completing a direct hit at the bowlers end, Salman Butt gone early.

runout9em.png
salmanbuttrunout6ln.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread