Story India's International Season [C2005]

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Oh man! I havent found much time for this thread since the PC Super cup and college work.. Will start it again.

Am going to use Ultimate Patch 2.0 for my next match. So expect some big runs!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ramesh1986 said:
you are always a great story writer

thanks a lot man!! thanks to you and ashu. you both have been gr8 support to me in my stories!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India vs New Zealand

India vs New Zealand - 5th match

Focus now shifts to the 5th match between India and New Zealand. India have a victory and a no result match whearas New Zealand has two victories and one defeat in this tournament. India needs to win one more match to enter the finals. New Zealand are already booked for the finals. If India lose today, India then have to make sure they win the next match against Zimbabwe. If they lose to Zimbabwe by a big margin, Zimbabwe have the possibility to enter the final!

New Zealand have won the toss and surprisingly, decided to bowl first on a batting wicket. Fleming said that his side chased better and that chasing would be even more easier for them to accomplish! Ganguly was happy with the decision of Fleming!

India 69/2 after 15 overs!

After a good start to their innings, India are placed at 69/2 after 15 overs. India have lost their openers Virender Sehwag for 0 and Sachin Tendulkar for 42. Sehwag was out in the first over itself when he top edged the ball to be caught at midwicket! It was a reckless shot from the man who is called "Nawab of Najafgarh".

sehwagout0ra.jpg

Sachin and Kaif then set about building a solid partnership. Sachin was in good touch, often finding the cover boundary. Kaif looked a bit rusty to start with. Tendulkar came down the track and smashed Tuffey for a huge six into the stands! Both Tendulkar and Kaif also rotated the strike and kept the run rate hovering at over 5 runs an over!

tendulkarkaifshots5kq.jpg

Just when it looked like Sachin would get his 50, he was bowled when he tried an horrendous shot probably due to overconfidence. It was a full ball from Butler close to the stumps and Sachin, probably due to the fact that he was middling the ball well, tried and over ambitious shot and saw his off stump out of the ground. It was poor shot selection from Sachin who is arguably world's best batsman!

sachinout7ij.jpg

India 69/2 | M.Kaif 21* | R.Dravid 3*

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
India 118/3 - 25.0 overs

India have reached 118/3 after 25 overs! Ganguly is not out on 24* and Rahul Dravid is not out on 26*. Both Ganguly and Dravid are scoring about in a very steady rate, rotating the strike and scoring the odd boundary! Ganguly scored the first boundary by fending Tuffey off the backfoot to the fine leg fence for a four!

ganguly44pf.jpg

Kaif was out for 23 when he was clean bowled by Tuffey. It was a perfect line and length from Tuffey as the ball seamed enough to beat Kaif's bat on its way to the stumps.

kaifout6ht.jpg

India 118/3 (25.0 overs) | S.Ganguly 25* | R.Dravid 26*

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I have decided to scrap this thread as I am not able to play the matches on a consistent basis. I am also associated with the Planetcricket Super Cup thread and it takes time to play there too! Coupled with it is my upcoming semester exams which are scheduled in the middle of October! So this thread is now officially scrapped!

Sorry guys!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't see why you don't record the Super Cup as a part of India's International season? You could contine with other matches once the cup is done...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ZoraxDoom said:
I don't see why you don't record the Super Cup as a part of India's International season? You could contine with other matches once the cup is done...

Thats because the Super Cup started after the Videocon Cup had started! So it was like two different threads going on! I couldnt include it in the season as India cant be playing two tournaments at the same time in different countries (Zimbabwe where the Videocon Cup is played and England where the Super Cup is played!).

Anyways, I also find less time these days! Even the Super Cup is scrapped due to the very poor response from the online participants! The story thread is going to be finished on the insistence of ashu, my co-writer there!

ashu2411

International Coach
saisrini80 said:
Thats because the Super Cup started after the Videocon Cup had started! So it was like two different threads going on! I couldnt include it in the season as India cant be playing two tournaments at the same time in different countries (Zimbabwe where the Videocon Cup is played and England where the Super Cup is played!).

Anyways, I also find less time these days! Even the Super Cup is scrapped due to the very poor response from the online participants! The story thread is going to be finished on the insistence of ashu, my co-writer there!
Its sad that you have to scap this story but buddy you can continue it whenever you find time after exam. Maybe in future you find some free time and you post the update but I would suggest and its also what my heart wants is that dont stop this thread altogether.
Ashu

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ashu2411 said:
Its sad that you have to scap this story but buddy you can continue it whenever you find time after exam. Maybe in future you find some free time and you post the update but I would suggest and its also what my heart wants is that dont stop this thread altogether.
Ashu

if i find a lot of free time and nothing to do, i will try to resume the story. for now, its stopped!

story writing is a tedious process.. edit the pics, then type the story, upload the pics and include them in the posts, etc

ashu2411

International Coach
yeah true. But I hope we continue to get some more great cricket stories from you because you are the best sai.

Users who are viewing this thread