Pakistani-India Ashes style series?

I can't say anything.. good for sport.. people may take it too far in future.. because Australia and England more or less play it like a game (sport) and enjoy it.. however Indian/Pakistani people...

Yeah on a global scale Pakistan-India's always going to win because there's so bloody many of you. Haven't you heard of condoms? :p Nah the ashes means just as much to me as an India-Pakistan series means to one of you which is why it's porbably never fair to say ones a bigger rivalry. To really judge the size it's probably best to look at the coverage in places where the nations aren't involved like South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand etc.

It's not as big as the series between the 2 initial test nations, a series running for over 100 years, with legends and folklore along the way. However, it is the 2nd biggest series in cricket. They need to reduce the amount of times it takes place, and I'm talking about ODI cricket as well. It just becomes less special when its so often, for instance England and Australia, I think in between 2005 and 2006/07, they only played each other once in an ODI, meaning that when it came round to England going over to Australia, there was lots of anticipation.

It's not as big as the series between the 2 initial test nations, a series running for over 100 years, with legends and folklore along the way. However, it is the 2nd biggest series in cricket. They need to reduce the amount of times it takes place, and I'm talking about ODI cricket as well. It just becomes less special when its so often, for instance England and Australia, I think in between 2005 and 2006/07, they only played each other once in an ODI, meaning that when it came round to England going over to Australia, there was lots of anticipation.
I think people will prefer the quality rather than the historic reasons for watching any series.In case of Ashes australia always dominates hence its one sided and boring.But in Indo-pak cricket you never know.The excitement is unbelievable.

England are improving though, they've shown they have players capable of beating the Aussies and yes things went wrong down uner but the many millions of reasons for that have been discussed and we're rebulding, we're the 2nd best test side in the world believe it or not so come 2009 it will be by no means a no-contest even if the more than likely result of an Aussie win occurs.

The ashes hasn't always been dominated by Australia. There have been many close series. The last 20 years of dominance by Australia sometimes leads people to believe that Australia have always been the better side which isn't true. The England side of the last 10 - 15 has been very poor so it's no wonder Australia always come out on top but this England side is different.

Yes, we lost 5-0 but Australia will never play as well as they did in that series. They were incredible but they've lost their two highest ever wicket takers so we'll see how the ashes unfold from now on.

Ashes lol.It was always one sided except 2005.
But India-Pak series is way above ashes.Not becoz of the tense cricket and pressure.And its not one sided.And billions of people watch it.

exactly.. india pakistan matches r any bodys game...u cant tell until the last run scored or last wicket taken or last ball bowled

Ashes lol.It was always one sided except 2005.
But India-Pak series is way above ashes.Not becoz of the tense cricket and pressure.And its not one sided.And billions of people watch it.
64 Ashes Series

31 Australia
28 England
5 Drawn

Australia retained 4 times, England the once.

Not so one sided is it?

Ohhhhh, BUUURRRRNNNNNNN. :boxing

well they bread like rabbits over there so yeah it'd attract huge crowds. However they play too often as it is..

Users who are viewing this thread