Patch 1.08 is now available on PS4 and XBOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The patch seems to have fixed quite a few things. The ability to select random conditions is nice and AI totals in tests seem to be a lot better when results are simulated. This is really promising.

I haven't seen any injuries yet so presume that this has been taken out while stamina is fine tuned. Hopefully this can be brought back in a future patch. Superhuman wicket keepers also still need to calm down.

It would also be good to see more use of pads... I find the pad away shot too hit and miss to be useful as you don't know where the batsman is going to end up.

HarisRetarded

Club Cricketer
The patch notes I would like to see next.
  • Tuned wicket keeper catching range
  • Tuned wicket keeper reaction when ball is hit elsewhere.
  • Improved wicket keeper catching skills to spinners
  • Improved fielder reaction and throw speed.
  • Tuned fielder start position for inner ring and outfield.
  • Fixed one bouncer for the over being incorrectly called.
  • Added new leg side lofted animations.
  • Improved AI running between wickets.
  • Fixed issues with speed gun.
I feel like batting and bowling have been almost perfectly nailed by big ant. The vast array of sliders cater to many desires.

However fielding is one area where Big Ant needs to make massive improvements. I hope that the next patch improves AI fielders' throw speed as well as reaction time so that the next time i hit the ball straight to the fielder, i think twice before running. Right now, it is extremely easy to run singles. I hope the next few patches improve this area.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Ok, just played one and a half first class matches with the new patch. A couple of things.

I thought the AI collapsing was fixed and I went 4-5 innings without a collapse. Last innings on a day 4 pitch. I got out needing 34 to win, 4 wickets left. Thought sure, we'll chase this down. We lost 4 wickets for 3 runs and lost by 31 runs. Noice.

Next up, I occasionally had the ball disappearing when I was playing a standalone competition, never in career mode. Now with this patch I've had the invisible ball strike multiple times in career mode. Makes for great viewing.

Game seems really temperamental. Fix one thing and other things break. All about finding that balance I guess but gee it's frustrating at times.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The patch notes I would like to see next.
  • Tuned wicket keeper catching range
  • Tuned wicket keeper reaction when ball is hit elsewhere.
  • Improved wicket keeper catching skills to spinners
  • Improved fielder reaction and throw speed.
  • Tuned fielder start position for inner ring and outfield.
  • Fixed one bouncer for the over being incorrectly called.
  • Added new leg side lofted animations.
  • Improved AI running between wickets.
  • Fixed issues with speed gun.
Need to add
  • Fixed batsmen movement before delivery
  • Improvements to boundary fielding
  • Improvements to outfield catching
  • Improved AI shot selection

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Till now I’ve been very impressed with the realism of edges but this morning I’ve got 2 wickets from inside almost leading edges that a)went to the keeper and b)were off legbreak deliveries. Don’t know if it’s patch related or not as hadn’t bowled much with a legspinner before (though a fair bit with left arm orthodox) but I hadn’t seen it like this before and it’s pretty unrealistic[DOUBLEPOST=1562400390][/DOUBLEPOST]I also think the edge variation has diminished significantly since the prior patch but that may also be related to me lowering wicket chance?

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
On the whole, seems like quite a comprehensive patch nailing some pressing issues that have affected gameplay since release - which is very much appreciated. Whilst it still seems ot be buggy in places this has gone a long way to making it feel like a finished game.

The ability to download all the "best rated" community teams on start up is a big plus and would have saved me loads of time if it was the first time I was switching on. I may have to go back into the community and get a couple of teams downloaded from specific users (if their teams aren't the top rated) but it'll be great to go and play in other leagues and have realistic teams and logos for them without too much work on my part.

Also good that you can now copy the appearance of a star player over into your career to use as your career player. Shame this can only be done at the start.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The long format simulation seems a ton better now with more realistic scores, longer lasting matches, not having collapses all the time and the tail actually sticking around a bit and not getting out for ducks every innings. I have noticed the tail collapses every now and again, but let's face it in real life collapses occur every now and again anyway so of course that's what will happen in the game. That's what makes the game realistic! I'm now happy to say long form matches are fixed in the game, much better!

The game is a lot more realistic now, but I will agree with @passwordistaco's point of when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks, I've never had the ball disappearing issue up until now. Quite annoying really although in saying that I'm not majorly bothered by it.

Once again, good job Big Ant team!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
The long format simulation seems a ton better now with more realistic scores, longer lasting matches, not having collapses all the time and the tail actually sticking around a bit and not getting out for ducks every innings. I have noticed the tail collapses every now and again, but let's face it in real life collapses occur every now and again anyway so of course that's what will happen in the game. That's what makes the game realistic! I'm now happy to say long form matches are fixed in the game, much better!

The game is a lot more realistic now, but I will agree with @passwordistaco's point of when one thing gets fixed another thing breaks, I've never had the ball disappearing issue up until now. Quite annoying really although in saying that I'm not majorly bothered by it.

Once again, good job Big Ant team!
I haven't seen the invisible ball glitch yet is it only in career mode I mostly play casual

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Till now I’ve been very impressed with the realism of edges but this morning I’ve got 2 wickets from inside almost leading edges that a)went to the keeper and b)were off legbreak deliveries. Don’t know if it’s patch related or not as hadn’t bowled much with a legspinner before (though a fair bit with left arm orthodox) but I hadn’t seen it like this before and it’s pretty unrealistic[DOUBLEPOST=1562400390][/DOUBLEPOST]I also think the edge variation has diminished significantly since the prior patch but that may also be related to me lowering wicket chance?

As far as I’m aware, absolutely nothing regarding edges had been touched...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
As far as I’m aware, absolutely nothing regarding edges had been touched...

Interesting. I’ve not seen edges like the ones this morning before.

I’ve had a couple of games on the last patch and the continuing game this morning on new patch (didn’t play yesterday) where vast majority of edges are going in one of 3 places: inside edge down the leg side, to keeper, or in a corridor between 5th slip and backward point.

Before it felt more varied. But could be entirely wrong and just building patterns that aren’t really there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread