Patch #4 release update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dutch

Thanks for taking the time to explain the inner workings of this secret society . Its appreciated and eases the anxiety a little that there is spadework happening in the background .

My main concern is still the Online Gameplay , please make sure that at some point you guys actually connect and put the game through its online paces , as from my own experience that is where the majority of Bugs hide away from the Testers preying eyes.

I have stated it to BA as well previously , that unfortunately , to test the Online Section will require more than a local office connection , the connection needs to be between two players 1000`s of Miles apart to fully test the game out. From personal experience , the worse the lag becomes , the game starts falling apart more and more. Much in the same vein as in 14 . I know up to a point nothing can really be done about this , but its worth contemplating.

Last edited:
Well I think I should leave that to others who feel inclined to "out" themselves. I myself am trying to help. Whether I am good is another matter. :p

Since the beta process started the small group has up till now posted 109 pages of comments: not saying that that guarantees anything but it does show that it is very intensive and active and that everyone is working real hard to get a lot of things done.

I know this is all a bit diplomats-speak but I can assuredly say that there is a will and passion and determination to get this darn thing right and an honesty about the state of some things and the need for it to be fixed.

It is a very complex progress as everything ties into each other: as has been stated before core gameplay elements work subtly with each other: fix one thing and another thing is out of balance, tweak something else and the first thing needs tweaking...and on it goes.

Other things are more about connecting the dots and so there are many many things being looked at and progress being made.

i would back up dutch and say also no punches have been pulled in that group. we are not simply trying to get them to fix bugs, but make it better - all aspects of the AI have been put under the microscope, feedback, edge frequency and variation, pitches, weather etc.

it doesn't mean all will be improved, but there is effort on both sides in quite a wide scope. and we are being demanding.

i would back up dutch and say also no punches have been pulled in that group. we are not simply trying to get them to fix bugs, but make it better - all aspects of the AI have been put under the microscope, feedback, edge frequency and variation, pitches, weather etc.

it doesn't mean all will be improved, but there is effort on both sides in quite a wide scope. and we are being demanding.

Seriously, thanks for all of that to those involved in that team, it is good to hear that the scope of focus is wide, because until posts like this, the rest of us don't know things like that. You sort've hope it's thorough, but we honestly wouldn't know. :)

Probably obvious I suppose, but I hope fields are also getting a close look at too.

Seriously, thanks for all of that to those involved in that team, it is good to hear that the scope of focus is wide, because until posts like this, the rest of us don't know things like that. You sort've hope it's thorough, but we honestly wouldn't know. :)

Probably obvious I suppose, but I hope fields are also getting a close look at too.

they are indeed, i include this under all aspects of AI. hopefully both the sets and their picking will improve.

if anyone has suggested field sets, especially for all stages of the limited overs all types of bowling, perhaps start a thread and suggest them there. i have made suggestions for tests but i don't know enough about limited overs - it's a format i rarely watch IRL or play on DBC.

The best part about the group testing everything out, is we all have something different to offer and maybe we are not necessarily great at it all, but we all want this game to be successful and want it to be worth playing. The word that gets thrown around the most is immersion. We ALL want to feel like we are part of a cricket game, we all want THOSE moments and ultimately we are bombarding BA, especially @Dutch, with what that will take. Rest easy, we are getting closer by the day to a decent, playable, immersive cricket game. And on behalf of BA, if I may, they want this too. They are taking their time, investing 100s of hours, making this game better. Should they communicate better? Probably. But let's just keep the end goal in sight here. We want to play a cricket game, something most if not all of us have been craving for years, and they are working their butts off to get us there.

The best part about the group testing everything out, is we all have something different to offer and maybe we are not necessarily great at it all, but we all want this game to be successful and want it to be worth playing. The word that gets thrown around the most is immersion. We ALL want to feel like we are part of a cricket game, we all want THOSE moments and ultimately we are bombarding BA, especially @Dutch, with what that will take. Rest easy, we are getting closer by the day to a decent, playable, immersive cricket game. And on behalf of BA, if I may, they want this too. They are taking their time, investing 100s of hours, making this game better. Should they communicate better? Probably. But let's just keep the end goal in sight here. We want to play a cricket game, something most if not all of us have been craving for years, and they are working their butts off to get us there.
Great stuff, if full immersion is the goal then full kits and logos must be on the menu and increasing that logo limit substantially is a must ;)

On the topic of logos has anyone had the problem where you duplicate a logo then go into edit said logo to a different colour but when you apply it to a uniform it looks the same but when you go into game it has changed back to original colour of the logo you duplicated is there a fix for this

On the topic of logos has anyone had the problem where you duplicate a logo then go into edit said logo to a different colour but when you apply it to a uniform it looks the same but when you go into game it has changed back to original colour of the logo you duplicated is there a fix for this
This happens when the original logo has been shared on the server previously. Unshare the logo, then duplicate and then edit.

they are indeed, i include this under all aspects of AI. hopefully both the sets and their picking will improve.

if anyone has suggested field sets, especially for all stages of the limited overs all types of bowling, perhaps start a thread and suggest them there. i have made suggestions for tests but i don't know enough about limited overs - it's a format i rarely watch IRL or play on DBC.
This might be useful...

Field Placements. - (Planet)Cricket Academy on PlanetCricket Forums

To all the beta testers...Plz.chek.the sight screen in pro mode. Against the red ball.it goes grey in colour and in general the screen size is not adequate apart form the scg ground. ( This sight screen issue is game breaking when one wants to play in pro mode with 0 HUD).

Last edited:
One other item for @Dutch and @blockerdave to test if they get a chance... if you can do ask the devs to make AI running between the wkts aggressive. IMO one of the main reasons AI ends with a below par score is coz it consistently takes one run less than what's on offer. This issue was fixed in DBC 14 but is back in DBC 17 so I'm sure it's fixable. Also, AI's lack of urgency in shorter formats, especially towards end overs may need to be looked. AI doesn't try to go after the bowling in death overs despite having bunch of wkts in hand and there's a general lack of awareness with respect to 'Overs Remaining (or RR reqd)'-'Wkts In Hand' balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread