pc help again

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think i have found a a computer which is fairly good its a dell and i know you said not to get one but i found out that i could customise t so this is what i found for 514 pounds.
Intel? Pentium? 4 Processor (2.8GHz, 1MB cache, 533MHz FSB)
Microsoft? Windows? XP Home Edition
256MB Dual Channel DDR333 (2x128MB)
80GB IDE (7,200rpm) Hard Drive
3.5in 1.44MB Floppy Drive
128MB GeForce FX5200 8x AGP card with dual monitor support, TV-Out via S-Video and DVI
Dell E773p 17" (16.0 VIS) Value CRT Monitor
48X DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
Dell A215 Speakers
Dell QuietKey Keyboard
Dell USB Optical Mouse
Microsoft? Works 7.0

Ritwik

co-founder
How much is that for ?

I would suggest that you try and get a "real" CDRW drive instead of a combo drive, as combo drives are not really very reliable. Perhaps you can exchange Microsoft Works 7.0 for a seperate CDRW drive, as you probably already have a copy of Microsoft Office or some other good Office Suite, or you can easily get Sun Star Office, which is free and very feature-rich.

(BTW, I have moved this to the right forum)

brad352

Executive member
256MB Dual Channel DDR333 (2x128MB)
Get 512MB

Well I would still strongly advise against a Dell, you can probably get an equivalent package cheaper elsewhere- and there are places that'll let you customise what you want, but I suppose it's a fairly reliable choice if you're not concerned with the prices they charge

tjh1989

International Cricketer
i found the setup book for my computer and decided to remove the panel on the tower and when i referred to the booklet it said there was one agp slot for a graphics card, does this mean that i could buy the Connect 3D Radeon 9600 XT - Graphics adapter - RADEON 9600 XT - AGP 8x - 256 MB DDR - TV out graphics card and then be able to play c2004. the specification of my computer is:
Intel pentium 3 450mhz
memory 64mb
Windows 98
Direct x 7.0
file system 32- bit
virtual meory 32- bit

brad352

Executive member
What AGP is your motherboard? It's probably 2x, 4 and 8x AGP graphics cards like the 9600XT won't work on it

tjh1989

International Cricketer
how could i find out because i cant find any where that says about it

brad352

Executive member
That graphics card, like all new ones is 8x but it's backwards compatible with 4x AGP slots- does it say what your motherboard is?

tjh1989

International Cricketer
no there is nothing about the motherboard would it be possible to buy a different graphics card which would be compatible

brad352

Executive member
Just tell me what your motherboard is and I'll check what it is- if it is only 2x there are still cards you can get

tjh1989

International Cricketer
soz about the wait still looking can you still get decent cards that will play c2004 good

Users who are viewing this thread