PC Online Gamespy World Tour!

1_Damo

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi I am a stato!

It's not enough for me to just play the odd one off game online via gamespy - I want stats!!

Are you as sad as me? If so read on...

My plan is to start a small community to play a 'world tour' similar to the ICC calendar, with members of the community 'touring' each other.

You know how a tour in cricket works... one country tours another and they play a test series, a ODI series and usually the odd twenty20 match.

I will produce the calendar and the rankings... all you have to do is play!

A few ground rules...

1 You must play fair and complete all matches and fixtures
2 You MUST be able to HOST via gamespy
3 You must be of a reasonable standard... therefore you must be able to at least beat me in a 'qualifier' to be accepted

If you are just interested in quick slogs this isn't for you... but if you have time to play tests and 50 over matches online reply to register your interest... I will be back with more info soon.

1_Damo

School Cricketer
We will start when we get 8 players (one for each test playing nation)

I bagsy England!

I am sorting out some rules and info at the moment.

1_Damo

School Cricketer
Communication is a bit difficult via private messaging - takes too long! So I have set up a hotmail/msn messenger account. You can instant message me at msn messenger - [email protected] - I will be online for the next hour.

cnbd_novice

International Coach
....8 players (one for each test playing nation)
The last time I checked there was 10 test playing nations.
Plus many people live in different parts of the world, therefore they have different time zones. Wouldn't that counteract with the fixtures?

1_Damo

School Cricketer
Zimbabwe's test status is suspended at the moment.

Sorry I meant to say the 8 major test playing teams - sorry Bangladesh I still don't take you seriously yet!!!

With the time issues thing - probably best if you were from the UK for this... but if you want to get up in the middle of the night to play wherever you are then feel free...!

BLC2007WorldTour Rules

Participation

1a; In order to qualify to be part of the Tour you must beat me in a 10 over match on test difficulty level in realistic mode. (Playing as the team you wish to take control of during the tour, subject to availability).

1b; Once qualified for the tour you must play all fixtures as the team you have selected.

Communication

2a; As I have no website skills - all communication will be made via e-mail.

2b; You must supply me with a valid e-mail address which can be shared with all members of the community. This will allow me to distribute rankings and fixtures and make communication between members easier.

Fixtures

3a; Each phase of the tour will last one month. In this time you must play all fixtures against the opponent you have been selected to tour (The home team must host all matches).

3b; A tour MUST comprise of the following:

A Test Match series (consisting of three Tests)
A Twenty20 series (consisting of JUST one twenty20 match)
A One Day Series (consisting of five 50-over ODI's)

3c; It is up to you to decide mutually convenient times to play matches between each other - but all matches must be completed within the one month period.

3d; The host (home team) decides which order to play the three series, however you must complete the entire series before starting the next one.

Conditions

4a; Every match shall be played on 'test' difficulty with 'realistic' conditions.

4b; Each match shall be played at a stadium in the home country.

Results

5a; Both players must e-mail me (within 24 hours of the match) screenshots of the results and all stats (in order for me to compile rankings) including:

Match Summary and Result
Batting Scorecards (remember to take the screenshot after the first innings because you can't access it after the second innings has started).
Bowling Scorecards (remember to take the screenshot after the first innings because you can't access it after the second innings has started).
(Feel free to add your own match report - including news of the toss, conditions, story of the match etc.)

Fair Play

5a; If you do not fulfill your fixtures (without good reason) you will be 'kicked' and your team will become available for a new member.

5b; If you disconnect (please provide me with a screenshot to prove your opponent has disconnected) on the third occasion of disconnecting you will be 'kicked' (Three chances just in case genuine connection problems).

If you are interested in joining email me ( [email protected] )which team you want to be (Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, India, West Indies, Sri Lanka and New Zealand remain) and let me know your gamespy name and when you are available to take me on in a 10 over match qualifier.

Ricco_M

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damo - do you know a way of saving online games? I'm not aware of any and I think you would need it if you want to play tests online. Anyway regardless of this fact, I wish you all the best with this tournament and I hope you find 8 willing players. :)

fs740

School Cricketer
i have to beat u first right?
so when are we playing?
my username is mastbanda in gamespy arcade

1_Damo

School Cricketer
I have decided not to take applications via this forum... you must e-mail me at [email protected] with your gamespy name and the team you wish to be. Teams will be distributed on a first come first serve basis.

We will then arrange a time for you to play me in the 10 over qualifier.

The qualifier is to prove you can host, and to prove that you are at least as good as me (and I'm not great -so if you can't beat me you are rubbish!)

I don't know a way of saving online. So I suggest you keep a weekend afternoon free to play test matches... by my estimation a test could last as long as 5 or 6 hours. If I find a way of saving online I will let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread