PCB having talks with BCCI for bilateral series.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The Pakistan board has said it is in touch with the BCCI over resuming cricketing relations between the two countries, though no decision has yet been taken on when and where to play or the number of matches.

"There has been contact with the BCCI with regards to restarting bilateral contests," Subhan Ahmed, COO PCB, told ESPNcricinfo. "We sent them an email and they replied but as they are busy with the IPL currently, talks will begin after the IPL is over."

There are no details yet of when and what form the contests will take but they are likely to be a short, bilateral ODI series. "There will be three stages to these talks," Subhan said. "The first, the boards will decide when we can actually play. Both sides are very busy with FTP requirements in the near future so finding a window will be first. Then we'll talk about the matches themselves and what kind they will be, a three match ODI series or whatever. Finally we will discuss the venue for the series."
More: here

So, is it India v Pakistan time, this November?

I don't think so. PCB has been trying to get a series since the last 2 years.

could happen. excitement levels r high again. last series was 07 i think right?? still i believe what ever is played, be it ODI or tests it should take place at a neutral venue.

Well PCB has made it clear from their side that they want cricketing ties to get better between the two nations. It has to do with the money the Indian series will bring to them. Not sure about India though, whether they play or not. The BCCI should also make quite some profit on this series as well, should be a blinder.

Ha based on my understanding of India's schedule for the remainder of 2011, no way could they play PAK this year. India have no free-time until after they leave AUS 2011/12 around March/April 2012.

Users who are viewing this thread