PES 3 a first timer's review

harsh

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi I had never played PES since I have only a PC and XBox.

I play under 19 football for my local club (ok...it just a small club but hey :D) and I always found FIFA to be nothing like real football.

After trying PES 3 I have only 2 words. Holy sh_it !!!!!!!

I cant believe I have been missing this all these years. I play most sports games on the PC and XBox but NO GAME has so accurately captured the feel of a sport so well before. I could go on about the various features and so on but then you could get the same thing from any professional review on the net. ;)

The gameplay is almost perfect. Its not just the major things like crossing, shooting dribbling models etc but equally the subtleties...the small things.

Something very irritating in the FIFA series i found was my player would automatically chase the ball out of bounds even as I desperately tried to stop him.In PES 3 pressing r1+r2 for ex lets you stop a player from pursuing the ball at anytime.

Another remarkable thing is your players make truly intelligent runs to try free up space. I find it hilarious that EA found they could not make player behave intelligently and disguised the apalling AI as OFB :p.

Having anybody control 2 players at a time is a joke ! I thought it was a neat idea before playing PES but now I realise how much better and more natural the AI in PES 3 is.

I could go on..... and on :D

If you have at least a passing interst in football you owe to yourself to try PES 3 out especially now the demo is available for PC.

sangam

International Cricketer
i agree with you..i got PES 3 and its 100times better than fifa 2004...the aerial crosses are perfect in PES 3 while attempting the same always resulted in either throwins or goal kicks! :(...the only thing i dont like about it is lack of teams...i wanna play EPL :D...but yeah there are very talented modders out there :D

harsh

School Cricketer
Sangam there will be a patch that adds real kits, players everything within a week of release on the PC and for ps2 every year they make one

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes I have ordered a X-Port for my PS2 which enables me to download the latest updates for the game :)

Users who are viewing this thread