Planetcricket Battrick Championship Statistics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

embi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thread will be used to post weekly and fortnightly statistics reports. The weekly report will feature Player of The Week and various other numbers such as highest score and best bowling figures. The fortnightly report will be for ongoing statistics such as best average.

You can also discuss theses statistics and post your own analysis, but don't gloat about how good your favourite player's strike rate is, thats what the Sledging thread is for!! :)

I have created a program to read in a match that has been copied and pasted, and enter each players stats in a database. Of course, it has only been in development for a week (and I do hope I can make some improvements!) so not all statistics are going to be 100% reliable. They do look quite good though, so hopefully they are. ;)

In this post I have attached a program for those of you who are keen to do their own analysis. Simply load the XML file that I post each week (the XML file I have posted below is all 8 weeks of stats). The interface is very much like Access, indeed it took about 3 minutes to knock up this program, all I had to do was add a certain object to the form. :cool:

This program will require the .Net framework, which you can get from here.
Most of the player editors etc. around the forum run on this so there is a chance you may have it. To find out, go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools and see if anything with .Net in its name is there. If there is, thats fine, my prog should work. Otherwise, download from link above.

I'm working on an installed version, so that you do not have to check if .Net is installed or download it etc.

So, in plain English, run the program and it will ask for a file. Just go to where you downloaded the total.xml or other .xml file and open that. Then, click on the + in the top left corner of the grid, you will get three options, Teams, Players and Matches. Its fairly self-explanotary, but if you get any problems just post. ;)

So, its what you've all been waiting for,

Fortnightly Statistics Report Week 8

Here is the first stats report. These were collected from every match from the last 8 weeks of the Planetcricket Battrick Championship. For a full explanation on any statistic you don't understand, refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_statistics

Most runs
  1. Nalin Ali - Briggs Bullets - 643
  2. Bill Mason - Old Wulfs - 471
  3. Gordon Gilroy - Old Wulfs - 426

Highest Batting Average (qualification: 5 innings)
  1. Gordon Gilroy - Old Wulfs - 213.00 (426 runs, 7 innings, 5 not outs)
  2. Chaman Rampaul - Cricwick Legends - 134.00 (268 runs, 5 innings, 3 no)
  3. Nalin Ali - Briggs Bullets - 128.00 (643 runs, 6 innings, 1 no)

Best strike rate (qualification: 4 innings)
  1. Tony Pickford - Briggs Bullets - 140.32% (87 runs off 62 balls in 4 innings)
  2. Monis Haquani - Assassins XI - 116.66% (182 runs off 156 balls in 6 innings)
  3. Gordon Gilroy - Old Wulfs - 109.51% (426 runs off 389 balls in 7 innings)

Most wickets
  1. Mat Goodhind - shane28688 - 20 wickets at 9.5 runs apiece
    Philip Otto - Old Wulfs - 20 wickets at 12.9 runs apiece
  2. Colin Masilo - Borncricketers XI - 19 wickets at 14.26 runs apiece

Best average (qualification: 10 wickets)
  1. Mat Goodhind - shane28688 - 20 wickets at 9.50 runs apiece
  2. Hamid McKinlay - Briggs Bullets - 13 wickets at 11.00 apiece
  3. Philip Otto - Old Wulfs - 20 wickets at 12.90 runs apiece

Best strike rate (qualification: 10 wickets)
  1. Mat Goodhind - shane28688 - 13.20 balls
  2. Chandrak Chanderpaul - Pakistani Legend - 15.82 balls
  3. Hamid McKinlay - Briggs Bullets - 18 balls
    Javed Ghani - Jeanz - 18 balls

Best bowling figures
  1. Mat Goodhind - shane28688 - 8-47
  2. Philip Otto - Old Wulfs - 6-27
  3. Chandrak Chanderpaul - Pakistani Legend - 6-41

Most economical bowling (qualification: 40 overs)
  1. Nalin Ali - Briggs Bullets - 3.37 rpo
  2. Unmesh Ali - Borncricketers XI - 3.66 rpo
  3. Jacob Jantjes - Jeanz - 3.76 rpo

Thank you all, any comments, suggestions, feedback please post in this thread.

Attachments

• BatStatViewer.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 32
  • XML Files.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread