FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters
I've done more Iridiums this season than you. Just a few questions to you and others.

If i have two players who are Outstanding in Batting and Tech. One is finisher but his Endurance and Power is lower than the other one, then which one should i pick?

And which one is better? Outstanding Batting/Tech player with capable experience or Expert Batting/ Outstanding Tech player with exceptional Experience.

One is finisher but his Endurance and Power is lower than the other one, then which one should i pick?

Well endurance is not as important if you plan on using him as a finisher so I'd go with the talent. Although to make best use of a finisher, you might want to train his power a little.

And yeah, I'd take the guy with more exp anyday over the other guy.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I've dropped the Christopher to make way for the Experienced Stephen Connor. He was the one with least experience in my lineup.

Any suggestion on how aggressive the lineup should be on a crumbling track?

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I've dropped the Christopher to make way for the Experienced Stephen Connor. He was the one with least experience in my lineup.

Any suggestion on how aggressive the lineup should be on a crumbling track?

Play like to save a Test match which has still 2days to go and no chance to win but try to dig.

You will score and win on crumbling. Play defensive not aggressive.

I'd say play the first 3 players in defensive mode and then switch to normal mode. I made 214-5 off 40 overs this week in my youth match against a higher rated opposition and lost the match by 9 runs. That was largely due to me setting all players in 'normal' mode as a result of which I lost 2 early wickets and by 20 overs, I was like only 85-3. Batsmen 4-7 would do well in normal mode I believe.

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1417714

P.S: Just see off the new ball (defensive) without losing any wickets.

Last edited:
Issued my friendly yesterday, still waiting for a response, made the game time a bit later so he could accept.

Beat Veez in my match by 67 runs.

From the Pavilion - Free Online Cricket Management Game

All but secured promotion to Division 2 for the next season with that win. Badly need to beat Zohaib to secure top spot though.

----------

Curtin has 8 wickets in his last 2 OD matches. Just thought I would let Chewie know. :p

----------

Woot! Just saw that neither Zohaib nor Matt had challenged each other! Great for me. :D

Liverpool Lightnings 24
South Africa XI 22

Though I've played a game more than him ATM.

Edit: Oh wait, just realized a 'bye' carried 4 points.

South Africa XI 26
Liverpool Lightnings 24

Can you confirm this for me Hedger?

Last edited:
haha yea I should still win overall. I think it's because the pitch was much more suited to you

Exactly... I figured you'd only play the one spinner so I geared up the pitch and conditions to suit spinners most knowing Id have two playing. Could have made it three if Id wanted.

And I think it also brings into play the fact your tailend cant bat at all! I scored a lot of valuable runs lower down the order you did not... as seeing as both our top and middle orders failed pretty much I think that had a big part to play too.

Users who are viewing this thread