Play-Asia

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey Folks!

Not a marketing thing.. actually just trying to be helpful. Play-Asia is now accepting pre-orders for this for both the ps3 and 360.

And since they pretty much ship everywhere, its a no-brainer.

Anyway, just look it up there if interested.

Its releasing in J (Japan) region O.o But thanks for the notice, Play-Asia has a rep for being very reliable when it comes to importing games.

Its releasing in J (Japan) region O.o But thanks for the notice, Play-Asia has a rep for being very reliable when it comes to importing games.

:-O ..How is a NTSC-J release possible? The game will only release in PAL regions and will be region locked.

I sent an email to Codemasters asking about a NTSC-J release.

They replied -

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

Unfortunately International Cricket 2010 will not be released on the Japanese NTSC format. Only the PS3 version of the game is region-free and should work on any console. The Xbox 360 version is region locked and will not work on NTSC consoles I'm afraid.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02199630

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services"

I've ordered it on the PS3.

Maybe when they say NTSC-J they mean the entire Asian continent? It says Asian Region there and not Japanese.

Japanese 360s have a different logo, i.e:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3sxg.html

Hence its for Asian 360s and not specifically Japanese.

I just hope they release it on the 18th, does anyone know when the "Asian" version of the game comes out?
I hope this isn't the Aussie version that comes out in Oct!

Last edited:
I've ordered it on the PS3.

Maybe when they say NTSC-J they mean the entire Asian continent? It says Asian Region there and not Japanese.

Japanese 360s have a different logo, i.e:
Buy Gears of War 2 (Platinum Collection) (Xbox360™) - Play-Asia.com

Hence its for Asian 360s and not specifically Japanese.

I just hope they release it on the 18th, does anyone know when the "Asian" version of the game comes out?
I hope this isn't the Aussie version that comes out in Oct!

NTSC-J stands for Japan region.

I messaged them once again and they replied -

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning International Cricket 2010.

Unfortunately International Cricket 2010 will only work on /Xbox 360s designed to run PAL format games. North American/Japanese Xbox 360s are designed to run NTSC format games only. NTSC Xbox 360s, although region free, will not run PAL games.

The game may however work on a PS3 as long as an HDMI connection is used.

Regrettably, we have no plans to release an NTSC version of the game. Sorry.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02200119

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services"

Last edited:
So there is no release for Asia at all?

They must be getting PAL versions then!

After all India/Pak/Malaysia/Singapore all use PAL right?

So there is no release for Asia at all?

They must be getting PAL versions then!

After all India/Pak/Malaysia/Singapore all use PAL right?

Yes, And rest of Asia uses NTSC-J.
Now I don't care about the region code for this game as I own to Xbox's now, One is NTSC-J and the other is PAL. :D

Right on buddy!

By the way, courier shipping prices have dropped on Play-Asia.

30US$ for FedEX anywhere in the world.. crap they need to pay me for all this marketing!

Do you know if they ship early so that I can get the game on release day (I'm in USA btw) ?

That's what I am wondering as well.

Having said that, I have ordered several games from them (recently FIFA/UFC/Red Dead Redemption) and they have always managed to ship on release date.

Other times 1-2 days after the official release date but never later than that. They are quite consistent I must say.

You know what? Get on their Facebook page and ask them the approximate date of shipping. Let us know!

That's what I am wondering as well.

Having said that, I have ordered several games from them (recently FIFA/UFC/Red Dead Redemption) and they have always managed to ship on release date.

Other times 1-2 days after the official release date but never later than that. They are quite consistent I must say.

You know what? Get on their Facebook page and ask them the approximate date of shipping. Let us know!

I went ahead and pre-ordered it from HMV. It came out a lot cheaper than Play-Asia.

Nice bro!
Their shipping ain;t bad, 7 days to the Yanks I reckon.

You know we go through all this effort.. this damn game better be worth it!

Ashes was bitterly disappointing.

You know we go through all this effort.. this damn game better be worth it!

Ashes was bitterly disappointing.

Definitely !! After playing AC09 I thought that I'll never buy another cricket game made by Codemasters and their posse but just couldn't resist the urge to play a new cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread