Ponting push to send cup minnows packing

Ponting will make sure he backs up his comments by trouncing the Netherlands (or at least winning comfortably), but he can't really help it if India and Pakistan feel like taking it easy against the minnows, it's their fault they've been arrogant (not so sure if India were arrogant as Bangladesh are a reasonably dangerous side, but from all reports the Pakistanis refused to knuckle down and just wanted to hit their way out of trouble)

tassietiger said:
Ponting will make sure he backs up his comments by trouncing the Netherlands (or at least winning comfortably), but he can't really help it if India and Pakistan feel like taking it easy against the minnows, it's their fault they've been arrogant (not so sure if India were arrogant as Bangladesh are a reasonably dangerous side, but from all reports the Pakistanis refused to knuckle down and just wanted to hit their way out of trouble)

Well Ponting is sort of right and sort of wrong. Teams like Bermuda and Holland just seem to be totally incapable, whereas Ireland look like a very strong team.

Well the minnows do have a right to be there, especially since the ICC told them they could be. Ireland are a great example, but can people stop calling Bangladesh a minnow please, they are a full ICC Test member.

symonds_sixes said:
I wonder if India will cop any crap about losing to Bangladesh like we did? :rolleyes: I must say that Pakistan's loss was a lot worse.
They played well and deserved the win. We played horribly but they're good playing outshadowed our bad playing, so i'm not complaining too much. :p
All we have to do is trounce BRM by 400+ runs and we're good to go :cool:

Cricketman93 said:
They played well and deserved the win. We played horribly but they're good playing outshadowed our bad playing, so i'm not complaining too much. :p
All we have to do is trounce BRM by 400+ runs and we're good to go :cool:
Yes, and as a sign in the crowd said "Father losing, son winning." If India don't make it to the next round, I will be supporting Bangladesh with all my heart.

I have accepted the fact that India will not make it to the next round.
Supporting South Africa and New Zealand here on.

iceman_waugh said:
I have accepted the fact that India will not make it to the next round.
Supporting South Africa and New Zealand here on.

First off why are you saying that? They can still make it to the next round for sure. And second off you can only support one team in the world cup ;)

Guys. Its still possible. We can still do it.

I hope Ponting learned his lesson as yesterday was "Minnow Day".
Irish trounced Pakistan, and I hope NTL beats the poo outa Aus.

I don't agree with all these people changing who they support just because their team have been beaten. True supporters stand by their team through the bad times as well as the good. It's all very well basking in the glory when your team wins but you have to stand by them through the defeats as well.

Ponting's back at it again :)

AUSTRALIA captain Ricky Ponting has delivered a blunt directive to Ireland and Bangladesh: Lift your game.

In a biting comment that may anger Bangladesh coach Dav Whatmore, Ponting said cricket's lesser nations must continue to improve in the next month to ensure their matches were "fairly competitive".

Full article here

that is stupid if they lose now they will look more stupid than before, just play cricket and that will be it.Stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread