Power Stick?

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Firstly, I'm looooving the game, best thing since Brian Lara on the Megadrive.

But I'm a little confused on on the exact functions of this so called Power stick.

Forgive an old fart but the official "definition" states: "A new Power Stick feature enables players to gain both 360 degree direction and power control."

So firstly, the Power stick (obviously in batting) is basically the right analog and it gives you 360 degree direction? Fair enough.

About Power Control? Can one use the same analog stick for actual hitting (like in Tiger Woods/other golf games) and whats this power control? As far as I know, I aim and then I press one of three buttons. Am I missing something?

Thanks y'all!

ajdude

International Coach
No, you hold the analogue stick down by the amount of power you want in the shot; if you want a weak shot, only hold it down a bit.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Do the tutorial advanced batting, all is explained there.

bongplayer

School Cricketer
Oh so there is more to it then I thought!

I better do the tutorial.. got bored after they asked me to "Run between the wickets"

bongplayer added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Are you sure you're not playing ashes :p

Thats what I thought I was playing!

Elaborate kind sir

bongplayer added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

But guys in short (since I am at work and still have a good 7 hours before the world cup and another 2 before I play this again), can you actually swing the bat using the right analog?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
The analog that you use to aim the shot is the same analog that you use to apply appropriate power. The more you push it in the intended direction, the more power, the softer you push it the less. Hope this brief explanation helps. :)

bongplayer

School Cricketer
I knew I could count on a Volts fan to be a hero!

Thanks mate, that really does help!

Users who are viewing this thread