Votes: 27 84.4%
  • none

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sribabu

Club Captain
We need Powerplay concepts in test cricket to protect it from dying status at the hand of T20 event

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There are powerplays pretty much all the time in Test cricket. 3 slips a gully a backward point, mid off, mid on a mid wicket and sweeper. thats pretty much a typical test field which is powerplay

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Also just because test cricket is dying in India it doesn't mean it's dying everywhere. It's still the most popular form of the game in England.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'd agree if Test Cricket was bland and slow and boring...but it isn't. There is no need to give batsmen more liberty than they have. If anything, there should be a bowling SuperPlay or summin where all runs scored are halved and one wicket counts as two. Now that'll be fun to watch...

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mr.Sribabu, the initial overs of a test match or when a batsman is new, there are fielders in catching positions and in the ring anyway. We don`t need artificial stuf like powerplays in test matches.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Sri... opinions are always welcome. The timing however is a bit wrong, I believe, reading the above comments :p

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Test cricket is still popular in india, just because matches are draw you can't come to conclusion that it is unpopular.
According to me what cricket need is sporting wicket which gives equal chances to batsman and bowlers which indian subcontinent lack to produce.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^^^ Fast Bowler friendly wickets can be a solution. We have an awesome bowling line-up and even the touring sides will have a bit of chances here and there. Batsmen in either teams can take care of the scoring.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I think you have had a resounding answer, but to add another one NO! If you actually look at run rates in a test match, nowadays at the start of an innings the RR is actually fairly high but then as the innings progresses it slows down with the spinners and part timers. Don't you dare touch my test cricket!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Also just because test cricket is dying in India it doesn't mean it's dying everywhere. It's still the most popular form of the game in England.
Test cricket is not dying in India.
--
Powerplays in Test cricket are stupid. Just as stupid as the whole day-and-night, pink ball nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread