Problems with confidence meter in BLIC 2K5

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I feel there are a few problems with the existing implementation of confidence meter in BLIC 2K5 and hope they are rectified in the next release :-

1. Batsmen lose too much confidence while nearing landmarks (50, 100, 150 etc.), which is unrealistic. Surely, a batsman who has scored 48 or 98 runs has more confidence than a new batter! Batsmen should only lose a couple of bars of confidence rather than confidence bar going all the way down.

2. Too much confidence is lost in case a ball hits a batsman on the pad. Ball hitting the pad is a common occurence in a match and surely the confidence doesn't drop as much as depicted in the game. Maybe 1 bar, or 2 bars at most, should be lost rather than nearly a third or a quarter of confidence that is lost right now.

3. Confidence varies with no rhyme or reason occasionally. E.g., at the beginning of an over, sometimes the confidence increases or decreases for no reason as compared to the previous over for the same batsman.

Last edited:
alfa_beta said:
I feel there are a few problems with the existing implementation of confidence meter in BLIC 2K5 and hope they are rectified in the next release :-

3. Confidence varies with no rhyme or reason occasionally. E.g., at the beginning of an over, sometimes the confidence increases or decreases for no reason as compared to the previous over for the same batsman.

I agree with the first 2, but not really on the last. This shows the confidence against particular bowler, e.g. you'd have more confiedence facing a medium pace Abdul Razzaq, rather than Shoaib Akhtar. This is one of the best things in the game :p.

although Razzaq does bowl 94mph in the game...

Stupid Codies

True! You see a medium pacer, you think they would be easy to hit, but they bowl at 90mph. It annoys the hell out of you. And then theres the fast bowlers going at 45 mph as well....its a nightmare.

I've actually been out a few times near milestones. It usually slows me down when there are real quick players.

Users who are viewing this thread