Program to remove lyrics from songs?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
ok, ive done a degree based on sound (music tech) and i will tell you right now, if you are looking to take a song with a voice singing on it and are trying to remove the voice, it is not possible, the human voice resonates at around 3 Khz, the best you could possible do is to use a multi band compressor and decrease the volume around this frequency, however this will also decrese the volume of anything witch is at the frequency, which in most wrestling type soungs would be the main focus frequency of an electronic guitar! you would destort the original timbre of the other instrumnets at this frequency and would, in short, make it sound crap.

if, for example, you wanted to remove the snare or kick drum, this this is much more possible, at they are sounds which use a set frequecny range and can be reduced in volume without effecting to much else, but a human voice changes pitch and frequency constantly and make it impossible to remove without effecting the rest of the song
Thats what I said too. :D

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
not really no, wouldnt really make to much difference as just because a vocal style is useing a single note doesnt mean it isnt useding different frequencies sue to effects such as syballance, which is the way rappers make the start of words stand out by over pronouncing them causeing a type of natural harmonic distorsion on different frequencies to accur during the recording process.

in short hooper, no
Naawww... Ok, thanks anyways 666.

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nah, I wasn't serious, I was joking because I don't really like rap ;).

On topic, how do these people who set up karaoke things get the music without lyrics? Do they buy special tracks without lyrics on them?

most just rerecord the songs themselves as even if it was possible to remove vocals from the original the companys who did this for a bit of sing song would have to pay royalties for both the performer (PRS) and the writer (MCPS) and in most cases it would be a case of the more they sell the more they pay.
ive been to japan twice as i have a friend who lives there and they have fantastic karaoke with loads of metal bands which have all been rerecorded

i doubt you will find any current tracks this would be any use with as people generally dont mix down tracks with nothing in the centre as it sounds thin and shite, if you are looking at tracks from the 60's then you may find some as it was in the 60's when recordings went from mono to stereo so they went a bit mad for a few years with dodgy panning, lots of reggea bands had everything in one channel and the bass on its own in the other, would never happen these days but can still sound pretty good in a club

Users who are viewing this thread