Ps 2 V Pc Version

rich0083

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know which is the best version for cricket 2004 and easier to play control wise?

PC version all the way. With the PC version at least there is a chance of fixing the bugs, but with the PS2 version you're stuck with a duff product.

Although the ps2 version (UK) has hardly any bugs at all. Im more than happy with the version I have as it hasnt really given me any problems at all.

You'll experience the line-up bug, and wish you never bought the damn game

Attachments

• sonu.jpg
    sonu.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 1
PS2 (UK) version doesnt have the line up bug. Have played loads of matches and its never gone wrong.

Originally posted by Darren@Mar 26 2004, 12:05 PM
PS2 (UK) version doesnt have the line up bug. Have played loads of matches and its never gone wrong.
Same here works like a gem...

However saying that the commentary does tell a lie from time to time, saying I have only got 1 run when I have 2! :huh:

you know what the line-up bug is don't you??

because you might be thinking of sumthing different

What is the lineup bug then? PS2 is good, only problem is bowling people out, only get them with slower ball yorkers. Really annoying that

OK, what i want you to do, is start a test series. At the start of the match change your line-up. Play an innings, then save you game, exit Cricket 2004, then load your game. in the 2nd innings batting, see if the batting line-up is the same as the 1st innings batting line-up. If it isn't then that is the line-up bug

Squiz, been playing the game for a few weeks now, done every situation I could think of to try and discover the line up bug and it deff doesn't seem to exist on the PS2 UK version.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
i read another post saying it was the same version as aus/nz versions, so i dunno

Squiz,

I agree with what you are saying. There seems to be a lot of discrepancy over the UK version. Some saying the line up big is still there, others like me not being able to find many bigs at all and especially not the line up bug. It almost seems like what has been distributed over here is a mix of the Oz/NZ version and a slightly modified UK version! It makes no sense!

I also can't see the line up bug on PS2 version. Seems like they have looked at the UK version a bit more before release. Maybe that was the hold up?

It seems a logical answer, but, this is EA we are talking about, a company that really doesnt give a damn about its customers.

I hardly had any problems with my PS2 version either- The only problem is if a player is given not out in a 3rd Umpire decision the runs aren't added on. And anyway can you name one game that you can honestly say that it hasn't got any problems?
I doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread