PS3 Help

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,
Im looking at getting a PS3 for Christmas, My dad lives in Singapore so i was hoping he could bring one over for me,I know that the Region in Singapore is NTSC and the region in Switzerland is PAL,
Would it work on a TV bought from Switrerland or even a TV from the UK,
I got an Xbox 360 (from Singapore) when they came it and it worked on my TV, In colour and all,

Would it work if i did get a ps3 from singapore?
If not would a converter work?
Converter

Please Reply ASAP

PS3 is region free, only thing that isn't is the Blu-Ray movies iirc.

Be careful not to mix up region encoding with colour encoding systems.

Pal and NTSC are colour encoding systems, not region encoding. Modern TV's can sometimes take inputs from both but thats not always the case. You could find that you need a converter.

Be careful not to mix up region encoding with colour encoding systems.

Pal and NTSC are colour encoding systems, not region encoding. Modern TV's can sometimes take inputs from both but thats not always the case. You could find that you need a converter.

Yeah, i think ive got it sorted cos we are getting a new TV

As long as your TV is HD compatible then region coding do not matter on ps3. If its an old school TV then it wont work though

As long as your TV is HD compatible then region coding do not matter on ps3. If its an old school TV then it wont work though

duuude! This was 2 years ago, think I have it sorted now ;)

Well help much appreciated! If you would like to know, it all worked out fine, I just managed to bugger the internet on it ;)

Which games do you mostly play? Do you have Ashes Cricket? If so then add me, my PSN is LeftArmFast

Which games do you mostly play? Do you have Ashes Cricket? If so then add me, my PSN is LeftArmFast

I have got Ahes Cricket on loan from Love Film :p, mainly playing CoD WAW, F1, sometimes some Gran Turismo, but it will soon to be the new CoD nd Fifa 10. I need to get the internet to work again on my ps3 first :spy

Users who are viewing this thread