Not open for further replies.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sai_Baba_Benediction.jpg

Many people do believe him as god, many respect him as he proved "Service to man is service to god" many times. I'm a person in the second category, getting transformed myself into first one as he is no more now:yes,

RIP Satya Sai Baba!

Source: Sathya Sai Baba is dead - India News - IBNLive

One humble request: Please don't spoil this thread by sidetracking this into any other issue, which says there is no god blah blah! This is for the ones who believe in god!

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have no intention of pricking the religious sentiments running high, but I'd appreciate it if, in a country scalded with religious fundamentalism, the 'devotees' reflect for a few seconds before elevating tricksters and godmen to the stature of national heroes.

I am sickened by the hype regarding Sai Baba, and I can go on and on about him, from the fraudulent claims about holy ash, to the sex scandal involving Jens Senthi and deceptions surrounding the 'green diamond' ring. Someone who has very shrewdly manipulated the mass media and resorted to deceptions, lies, and mendacious tales to weave a comprehensible personality cult hardly deserves to be worshipped inanely by one billion people. Not to mention that the trust he runs is battered with multifarious unsavoury allegations.

EDIT: I'm ready to be pounced on now.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have no intention of pricking the religious sentiments running high, but I'd appreciate it if, in a country scalded with religious fundamentalism, the 'devotees' reflect for a few seconds before elevating tricksters and godmen to the stature of national heroes.

I am sickened by the hype regarding Sai Baba, and I can go on and on about him, from the fraudulent claims about holy ash, to the sex scandal involving Jens Senthi and deceptions surrounding the 'green diamond' ring. Someone who has very shrewdly manipulated the mass media and resorted to deceptions, lies, and mendacious tales to weave a comprehensible personality cult hardly deserves to be worshipped inanely by one billion people. Not to mention that the trust he runs is battered with multifarious unsavoury allegations.

EDIT: I'm ready to be pounced on now.

Has any allegations been proved? I dont understand how some who calls himself god can survive by just lying for 61 years (he announced himself as an incarnation of God in 1940). Ok, lets keep that apart. The trust that he has built has served people for decades now. They provide free operations and medical treatment at their hospitals, provide free education, provide free drinking water to many states in India, etc. His devotees are carrying out service activities all over the world (here in USA, we do service to homeless shelters which consist of 100-150 people, under his name for 4-5 days a month). Some other Sai centers in USA do even more service under his name.

Anyway as Binnu said, this thread should not be sidetracked by those baseless allegations which have never been true. He will always remain in the hearts of his billion followers around the world. God or not, he was an outstanding world leader for so many.

King Cricket

International Coach
SaiSrini said:
The trust that he has built has served people for decades now. They provide free operations and medical treatment at their hospitals, provide free education, provide free drinking water to many states in India, etc. His devotees are carrying out service activities all over the world (here in USA, we do service to homeless shelters which consist of 100-150 people, under his name for 4-5 days a month). Some other Sai centers in USA do even more service under his name.

At the same time, the trust is invidiously secretive. It is not legally accountable, has no charter, and its members are denied the right to information. And, let's not get me started on the 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent' Baba's free drinking water projects. It's a pity that flagrant cases of deception and mendacious propaganda like what happened with his trust during the water project in Andhra Pradesh are not highlighted by the media.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
At the same time, the trust is invidiously secretive. It is not legally accountable, has no charter, and its members are denied the right to information. And, let's not get me started on the 'omnipresent' and 'omnipotent' Baba's free drinking water projects. It's a pity that flagrant cases of deception and mendacious propaganda like what happened with his trust during the water project in Andhra Pradesh are not highlighted by the media.

So basically the whole world is trying to cover up all these deception and fraud and that too for decades now (these allegations have surfaced 20-30 years back)? No soul could prove a damn thing! In this world, when something good happens, it will go through the test of fire by facing allegations. But I dont believe any true allegation can survive the period of time that Sai Baba and his trusts have survived.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They provide free operations and medical treatment at their hospitals, provide free education, provide free drinking water to many states in India, etc.

My gandpa got freely operated thrice:yes. All the ones were urinary operations. Recently, my maternal uncle has undergone the same operation and the total operation has cost us nearly INR 100,000.

My aunt was weeping soon after this news broke out! She was Head of Chemistry Department in Satya Sai University, before a decade or so. She has more affection to Baba and she was keenly following the health bulletins released by the trust since day 1 of admission.

King Cricket

International Coach
SaiSrini said:
So basically the whole world is trying to cover up all these deception and fraud and that too for decades now (these allegations have surfaced 20-30 years back)? No soul could prove a damn thing! In this world, when something good happens, it will go through the test of fire by facing allegations. But I dont believe any true allegation can survive the period of time that Sai Baba and his trusts have survived.

In a country, where people, starting from the CJI to the average Joe, can so easily be manipulated by invoking religious sentiments, it's no wonder that very few have stepped forth to unmask the Baba. Instead of conducting an investigation, Jens Senthi was thrown to prison by the Indian authorities when she alleged sexual abuse by the Baba. Most of Baba's so called 'miracles' are nothing but a sleight of hand, and that is a proven fact.

It's wrong to say that 'no soul could prove a damn thing'. A more accurate statement is that the dissidents, articulating legitimate doubts about the genuineness of Sai Baba's claims, have always been outshouted by his devotees. There is so much wrong with Sai Baba and his trust that I don't know where to start. Using social service as a tool to fuel your personality cult, fan the euphoria surrounding you, and insulate you from criticism is just one of his many 'great' deeds.

RSS, the progenitor of religious fundamentalism in India, runs a network of organizations that include schools, colleges, universities, hospitals for poor, ambulance services and everything. Just as this can never be used as an argument in favour of them and their abominable activities, Satya Sai and his trust too should not be absolved of their flagrant crimes by the same strategy.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
In a country, where people, starting from the CJI to the average Joe, can so easily be manipulated by invoking religious sentiments, it's no wonder that very few have stepped forth to unmask the Baba. Instead of conducting an investigation, Jens Senthi was thrown to prison by the Indian authorities when she alleged sexual abuse by the Baba. Most of Baba's so called 'miracles' are nothing but a sleight of hand, and that is a proven fact.

It's wrong to say that 'no soul could prove a damn thing'. A more accurate statement is that the dissident voices, voicing legitimate doubts about the genuineness of Sai Baba's claims, have always been outshouted by his devotees. There is so much wrong with Sai Baba and his trust that I don't know where to start. Using social service as a tool to fuel your personality cult, fan the euphoria surrounding you, and insulate you from criticism is just one of his many 'great' deeds.

RSS, the progenitor of religious fundamentalism in India, runs a network of organizations that include schools, colleges, universities, hospitals for poor, ambulance services and everything. Just as this can never be used as an argument in favour of them and their atrocious acts, Satya Sai and his trust too should not be absolved of their flagrant crimes by the same strategy.

Load of garbage! Bring more proof and try to prove it, otherwise stop calling it a "crime". Even calling it allegation is stupid, but there can be false allegations too. The allegations over his miracles have never been proved. The video evidence posted on YouTube and all could never come to a foregone conclusion about the sleight of hand and all (this was published in news articles and also is available I guess on Wikipedia on Sai Baba's page). And what about the miracles that happen when he is not present? I have personally seen vibhuthi flow out of his photo in my own house.

Why do you live in such a country where every lie can be masked? The person thrown to prison, she was trying to falsely put allegations on Baba. Puttaparthi authorities have proved that nobody goes alone near Baba (as far as sexual abuse allegations go) and surrrounded by sevadhals (security volunteers). Can Jens Senthi or the other allegators prove otherwise? Prove it and we will believe you. Outshouting of devotees? You just give too much of power and respect to the devotees like us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread