Raja Maharaj Singh Shield (First-Class Competition)

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The momentum seems to be with us and the demons at the moment, although anyone in the top 5 is still in it. The Amigos could still play a role: they have games against Slipperpool and the Demons left and if manage to get a surprise win then that'd really hurt their chances of getting to the final.

Also shows how important bonus points are; I'm pretty sure the reason that we have such a big lead is because we always get quite a big number of them. Even when we've lost, we've generally taken a fair few points with us out of the game

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
The momentum seems to be with us and the demons at the moment, although anyone in the top 5 is still in it. The Amigos could still play a role: they have games against Slipperpool and the Demons left and if manage to get a surprise win then that'd really hurt their chances of getting to the final.

Also shows how important bonus points are; I'm pretty sure the reason that we have such a big lead is because we always get quite a big number of them. Even when we've lost, we've generally taken a fair few points with us out of the game

I think it's fair to say it will be a huge surprise if the Demons don't make it to the final, with both their remaining fixtures being at home. Only 4 matches have been won by the away side in this comp. It's a shame that only two teams qualify, compared to the other competitions where it is the top 4. It would have made these last couple of rounds a bit more interesting.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, I was also surprised to see there is no knockouts.Atleast let the top team to qualify for final and then 2nd v 3rd to play for final.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Two rounds left. It will be nice to get an update on the current standings & the next two rounds fixtures :D

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
From what I can see from the latest standings: if we win our game then we're basically through to the final if we get a decent amount of bonus points in our next game and the battle is between the Demons and Slipperpool for the second spot: while if the Muffins win then its complicated since any two of the top 3 could go through and we're all playing different teams. I think that we'd still top the table though; we're currently a point behind the Demons and we've definitely scored more than that in terms of bonus points. An unlikely draw would help us; but we'd still need to get something from the last game to secure our place.

I still think its going to be us and the Demons in the final: they have The Amigos next which based on their First Class performances should be an easy win; while we have a very good chance of besting the Muffins, and at this point in the season I'd rather face Landscape than the Muffins. Could be incredibly interesting

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
while if the Muffins win then its complicated since any two of the top 3 could go through and we're all playing different teams.

If the Muffins beat you then theoretically anyone from the top 4 could get into the final. They would in fact be odds on favourites with the Demons, with them each having home fixtures in the final round. As you say Landscape have been in a bad run, but the fact that they had four home games in the first half of the season meant they were flattering to deceive. Hence why it has gone downhill for them in the second half. With this in mind, that makes your final fixture a tough one as it does ours.

From our team's point of view, we need the Muffins to beat you, otherwise a Dragons/Demons final is pretty much guaranteed. I just don't see the Demons losing at home to the Amigos, who quite frankly are terrible! If you guys beat the Muffins, you'll have a big enough points advantage which will see you through, no matter how you do against Landscape.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Standings after Round Nine

||Played|Wins|Draws|Losses|:bat:|:bwl:| POINTS
:hkg:| Nine Dragons |9|5|0|4|24|45| 144
:can:| The Demons |9|5|2|2|17|35| 137
:eng:| Slipperpool |9|5|1|3|20|33| 133
:aus:| Hugging Muffins |9|5|0|4|20|32| 127
:nzf:| Landscape |9|3|2|4|22|29| 106
:ind:| Phoenix Amigos |9|1|1|7|12|35| 67

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Landscape, welcome to the knocked out ring. :D

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
After mid season break we just haven't turned up in this format. It's sad and good luck to whoever makes the top 2.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
WE'RE IN THE FINAL!
Not yet... If Slippperpool beat Landscape by a big margin and Nine Dragons thrash Hugging Muffins then you'll be out.(Just kidding, congats)

edit: Waiting for my transfer of vCash for that poor performance and captaincy to give you guys a win.

Users who are viewing this thread