Random Thoughts

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Gonna go along to the first race?

There will be. I would if I was there.. :spy

Luckily, I had already left uni because the finals are a few weeks after uni's over but that was just downright barbaric.

Quite surprised really. We won the President's Trophy again so things were looking good. A much earlier exit than I expected.

Manly

Thor
It's not over yet! Got a bit of money on the handicap too. Canucks by 3 would make me very very happy.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
yeh but i didn't watch a game that night do it's not like i really misased out.

Also apologies to everyone for my uncharacteristically downbeat and bummed out post a little earlier. I'll make up for it with a story about how i "made out" (there was like minimal tongue, at most) with a woman in her mid fifties last friday night...

Manly

Thor
10000!

----------

In fairness, I've given up drinking, and everyone is roundly ripping the ---- out of me, making me consider running away until my demons are well and truly beaten.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I've cut back a lot lately too. just not wanted to that much. had a 26 hour bender that started last friday but that was for a merseyside derby fa cup semi final. I couldn't have coped otherwise. but only had maybe 3-4 nigths in town since my birthday in january until then.

got exams coming up in 5-6 weeks so will still be keeping it lowkey but then a 2 weeks lads holiday after that which should be fun.

majourly messed up second year of uni again. haven't been to labs. so i'lll have to resite a year just for that module, providing i can ace all my exams and they actually let me back in. could feasibly throw me out. which wouldn't be ideal.

Manly

Thor
Last last Friday I had a HUGE night. HUGE! Can't remember a thing and couldn't move until 4pm on the Saturday and I had a bit of an eye-opening chat about family history of liver issues, so my hand was more or less forced.. That was only my 2nd night out in 7 weeks (first being with treva). It's not as though I can't do it but my best mate especially is ripping me to shreds about it, and that's hard to take.

Also, 2nd year again? How old are you?

Manly

Thor
As long as I can go, ideally permanently. Done 3 months on the spin before, but it's going to take a whole heap of will-power.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
seems a touch excessive tbh, unless you're someone who can's just have one and go home. surely it's better to just cut back than to give up completely?

Manly

Thor
I lose control, I only drink to get drunk, and at least ?50 later I'm done.

Also are you watching this Pens game? 6-3 half way through the game.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
nope. decided to stick to the senators.

only 2-1 but it's heating up. Sick moment too then, power player for NYR at 2-0. saved on the last second by ottawa, rebound goes right up the ice for the player coming back onto the ice to set up a goal. they proper clung on for the power play too. if they go 3-0 there it's game over and 3-1 down in series. flyers are 3-0 for the series so not as tense.

NB:I definitely chose the wrong game to watch but i'm committed now so going to just defend it anyway

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
lol. cool bet.

Definitely think hockey is my american sport now. Baskbetball bores me to death. too many points scored to get excited by any of the moments.

I gave the nfl a fair go and watched a few games because a few of my poker mates who are always up late love it and bet on it a lot, but it's too stop and start for me and doesn't hold my attention.

And i've never bothered with baseball. nothing about it makes me want to watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread