real cricket

tomnut

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey can anyone who plays real cricket let me no if buying all the equipment is exspensive?
because i look at the equipment online and see the bats etc are really exspensive.
i havent really played cricket at a competetive level but would really like to get into the sport but i cant really afford the equipment since im 16 and have no job yet.
anyway what im getting is that does the equipment have to be exspensive or is there a website were they are cheap?
and what price is low for a decent bat?

i hope you can help me thanks alot ppl and im sorry if this is in the wrong forum place but i didnt really no were to put it so sorry about that

This shouldn't really be in this forum, but heck. Its not that expensive, you can get a good enough bat for about ?30, pads are about ?20, as are gloves etc, but you can really spend as much money as you want to do

Everything together Bat,Helmet,Pads,Gloves,box,arm guard,kit,trainers etc would cost around ?200-?500. If you buy the best quality of everything i.e. top brand etc then it could cost around ?350-?500.

If you are just getting into the game though, I wouldn't advise spending ?300 on gear. Unless you are rolling in money. Try having a look aroung http://www.vks.com or ebay for some good deals.

ok thanks ppl and iam very sorry to the admins and to everyone else for posting in the wrong place

I reckon you put it in the right forum this is about cricket maybe not First Class cricket but cricket none the less. There was a previous thread about home made cricket games on TV in this thread so i think it is fine.

tomnut said:
hey can anyone who plays real cricket let me no if buying all the equipment is exspensive?
because i look at the equipment online and see the bats etc are really exspensive.
i havent really played cricket at a competetive level but would really like to get into the sport but i cant really afford the equipment since im 16 and have no job yet.
anyway what im getting is that does the equipment have to be exspensive or is there a website were they are cheap?
and what price is low for a decent bat?

i hope you can help me thanks alot ppl and im sorry if this is in the wrong forum place but i didnt really no were to put it so sorry about that

Man, you can get stuff cheap from ebay. Buy an MRF Typhoon. Its a kashmire willow bat, but its an excellent bat. The ball hits it and it goes for 4 ;) Its's a great bat. It costs around $90 canadian. Which is around like 40 pounds i think...

I recommend waiting for post christmas sales or the like. I got 50% off my bat, in fact I think I only paid about AU $300 tops for my bat and gear.

I have a good quality Gray-Nicolls Millennium Destroyer, only ?20.

im getting top gear:P all woodworm premier pads gloves and a premier torch bat:) all up like 300 pounds:p, starting to take my cricket really seriously

Mine come to ?198 although thats a harrow as im only 11

Heres the prices
that i payed

Slazenger V200 Harrow ?70
Kookaburra Diablo gloves ?16 youth
kookaburra diablo pads ?32 Youth
Gray nicolls helmet ?40 Mens
Box ?3
Whites ?25
Bag ?12

If you're looking for budget but good, this is the stuff i would reccomend....

Bat: Anything under ?80 is going well to get a decent senior bat, stay away from Kashmir willow, it won't take a hard ball for long. Look at 'Gray Nicolls' as a starter bat
Pads: The range is huge, you should find it easy to get budget pads, as long as you aren't going to play a high level of cricket (with fast bowlers), if you look hard enough, you might find something for around ?20. Look at 'Slazengers' range
Golves: Gloves are the same sort of thing, you maybe don't want the cheapest pair, at 16 there will be quick bowlers, and breaking fingers is a common injury. Decent protection can be offered for around ?30-40. Look at 'Gray-Nicolls' or 'Kookaburra'
Helmets: I think the best option by a way is the most popular 'Gray-Nicolls' basic range.

The rest of the protection (thigh pads and the like) is pretty easy to find. The only variation would be the padded shorts (ask your local cricket shop for more info)

Thats the best advice i can give, but your best bet is to go to your nearest cricket dealer, rather than the interent, its much better to know what you're buying.
However if you have to use the internet, look at www.cricketsupplies.com They have some great deals.

Users who are viewing this thread