Recently faded-away players - from each nation - A collection

Shakib Al Hasan, fading away soon! Don't see BD reposing their faith in him now.

Mohammad Abbas

Lol, someone with 15 years of international cricket isn't faded.

I’m not sure how Bangladesh’s greatest cricketer is an example in the spirit of this thread.

He has been in and out of BD side lately. Fading away from their international scene for sure. By playing in T20 leagues, he does keep himself relevant, but I feel it is a matter of time that BD start looking beyond him and his antics. They've already found their next rung of superstars, so the likes of Shakib, Mushfiq become irrelevant now.

He has been in and out of BD side lately. Fading away from their international scene for sure. By playing in T20 leagues, he does keep himself relevant, but I feel it is a matter of time that BD start looking beyond him and his antics. They've already found their next rung of superstars, so the likes of Shakib, Mushfiq become irrelevant now.

That would make literally every cricketer to have played cricket eligible. :p

Shakib and Mushfiq have been around for the two decades. That's not fading away, unless you're talking in galactic years.

I guess I never ended up making a proper post for any other Nation yet.

Let me name some from some other countries

:aus: Australia
James Faulkner (obviously)
Peter Nevill
Chadd Sayers
Jon Holland
Jackson Bird
Nathan Coulter-Nile (to an extent)
Billy Stanlake
Clive Rose

:nzf: New Zealand
George Worker
Ben Wheeler
Anaru Kitchen
Seth Rance
Tom Bruce
Neil Broom
Jeetan Patel

:saf: South Africa
Robert Frylinck
Farhaan Behardien
Kyle Abbott
Dane Paterson
Janneman Malan (recently)

Last seen drunkenly throwing his bat and helmet into a chandelier in Lahore's Pearl Continental Hotel, after demanding the PCB pay him twice

View attachment 294136

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/psl-2022-faulkner-leaves-psl-after-payment-row-with-pcb-1301959
Exactly. I'm sure there might be one or two players that had careers which peaked so high (and early, he's younger than Mitch Starc), with so much potential, and faded so massively but I can't think of any.

Users who are viewing this thread