reduce overs in test matches - coz it never goes to even 4th day

tutsipoppy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
[color=#000000:post_uid2]HI, I AM TUTSI AND I WANT U ALL TO MAKE A PATCH.

U SEE IN TEST MATCHES BECAUSE OF LOTS OF OVERS AND OUR TENDENCY TO PLAY EVEN TEST MATCHES AS ONE DAY MATCH. EVEN IF THE CPU MAKES OVER 500 THE MATCH HARDLY GOES TO 3rd DAY AND I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A MATCH THAT HAS GONE TO 4th DAY.

SO I WANT TO MAKE A SUGGESTION ON A PATCH WITH CAN REDUCE OVER IN A DAY FROM 90 TO ABOUT 40 or 45.

BY THIS WE CAN GO ON TO 5th DAY AND EXPERIENCE TO 5th DAY DRAMA.

THANS AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL MAKE A PATCH ON THIS WHICH CAN MAKE CRICKET 2002 A BIT EXCITING.[/color]

HI, I AM TUTSI AND I WANT U ALL TO MAKE A PATCH.

U SEE IN TEST MATCHES BECAUSE OF LOTS OF OVERS AND OUR TENDENCY TO PLAY EVEN TEST MATCHES AS ONE DAY MATCH. EVEN IF THE CPU MAKES OVER 500 THE MATCH HARDLY GOES TO 3rd DAY AND I HAVE NEVER PLAYED A MATCH THAT HAS GONE TO 4th DAY.

SO I WANT TO MAKE A SUGGESTION ON A PATCH WITH CAN REDUCE OVER IN A DAY FROM 90 TO ABOUT 40 or 45.

BY THIS WE CAN GO ON TO 5th DAY AND EXPERIENCE TO 5th DAY DRAMA.

THANS AND HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL MAKE A PATCH ON THIS WHICH CAN MAKE CRICKET 2002 A BIT EXCITING.

I have uploaded a new patch which I think makes the scoring rate a lot realistic for both cpu and human batsman. I am currently playing the Ashes series and I can tell you pretty much every test match has gone through to the last day. I am not sure when Ritwik will be releasing this patch probably he is a bit too busy right now.

[color=#000000:post_uid7]BUT THINKING A LOT RAISES AN COMMENT THAT EVEN IF THE SCORING RATE IS REDUCED, 5 DAYS COMPRISING OF 90 OVERS EACH IS ALOT FOR PLAYING CRICKET ON A PC.

REDUCING THE SCORING RATE WILL ONLY REDUCE OUR INTREST IN THE GAME AS IT WILL RESTRICT OUR SHOTS.

PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT. ::yit::[/color]

there is no need to reduce the number of overs if u bowl when the CPU bats and if u do the CPU would hardly score 500 runs. I've played tests into the fifth day a couple of times. Also in Cricket 2002 a days play is only 75 overs and not 90. i'm pretty sure u can only bowl 25 overs per sesssion.

[color=#000000:post_uid10]BUT STILL 75 OVERS PER DAY R A LOT OF OVERS TO PLAY WITH.

WITH 75 OVERS PER DAY, PLAYING/COMLETING A TEST SERIES WILL TAKE A LOT LOT LOT OF TIME/DAYS.

PLEASE MAKE A REDUCING OVER PATCH.

THNAK U. ::ohmy::[/color]

BUT THINKING A LOT RAISES AN COMMENT THAT EVEN IF THE SCORING RATE IS REDUCED, 5 DAYS COMPRISING OF 90 OVERS EACH IS ALOT FOR PLAYING CRICKET ON A PC.

REDUCING THE SCORING RATE WILL ONLY REDUCE OUR INTREST IN THE GAME AS IT WILL RESTRICT OUR SHOTS.

PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT. ::yit::

Its only 75 overs a day in this game but to be honest it just depends on how fanatic you are when playing a test. I would prefer to play a test match in c2k2 given the cpu chasing in ODI is a shamble. It is not programmed to consolidate or accumulate, it just plays the shots at the same time each game. Tests are a lot better, it plays a lot smarter than in ODI. Also I prefer to play the game over a period than a ODI each day, it just depends on what your taste is. I would rather try to increase the overs from 75 to 90 if I could.

Tutsi,
Being an England fan I think it's quite realistic that Tests don't last the full 5 days!
Seriously though,I agree with you Ravi. Looking forward to getting hold of your patches.

playing test matches is more challenging than ODI's. in ODI's u loose rather than the CPU winning but in test matches the CPU takes wickets. Especially with the edited edges.saf file, i've been out loads of times by edging to the slip cordon.

the only problem with test matches the CPU always plays the same way. It would only change fields after the batsman has passed 30 and then after 70. is there any way which we could control this? ie make it variable according to the batting order.

Hey marsques
can u provide me that edges file
coz i hardly get edges in tests
n one more thing
ritwik plzzz update ur site
we r eagerly waiting for ur reply

[color=#000000:post_uid13]JUST MAKE THE #### OVER REDUCING PATCH IN TEST MATCHES,

WILL U

ABD THIS MEANS U !!![/color]

Its not just the batting. Bowling in tests is just way too easy. The funny part is that it is especially easy in hard mode. The CPU team usually get out in one session when im in hard mode.

Users who are viewing this thread