Regen Names

chappers

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This one probably needs real computer skills, but can someone make a small patch for ICC09 and 10 (which are the two most played versions of the game) making the regens have more common names? I'm getting tired of playing gemes where half of my players are called Perham, Leathers or DeFries.

Thanks
chappers

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea that would require quite a detailed knowledge of programming to do that. The people who edit ICC are nowhere near as knowledgeable as the guys who do the C07 editing so I doubt anyone around here could do it. We don't even know where those files are/if they are in the actual exe file.

It does get quite annoying I have to agree though.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You can do something like that in Cricket Coach but I'm not too sure about ICC. I haven't looked for that sort of stuff before.

hindleyite

School Cricketer
For all versions up to and including 2006, you could edit the names by doing the following:

Navigate to where you installed the ICC folder (Empire Interactive/Xplosiv/Whatever) in explorer and find the Data folder. There should be a bunch of .lst files, each of which corresponds to a list of names. Find the one named n_eng.lst and open in Notepad or similar program. You may have to choose Open With... first, in order to associate the file format with the program. When open, the file should list surnames used by the game. Simply edit over the top or add to end of file. To be safe, I would edit the number at the head of the file, which is the number of names in the list, as you add new ones. Hit save.

To reset the names back, replace with a backed up version of the original file (usually found on disk).

You can edit all the lst files. Bit more info here.

I'm guessing they kept the format for newer versions of the game, which I have yet to play, but I'll bet this method still works.

6ry4nj

International Coach
:D Good to know if I ever play 06 again, but it doesn't work in 09, so I suspect 06 is the last version you could do that in.

Sureshot

Executive member
Hmm, don't think we've done any work on the regen'd names this year, I'll put it in the to do list, as can't imagine it'd be that tough to improve them.

Users who are viewing this thread