Remote desktop sharing

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know how to share cricket 2004 with a friend over netmeeting. I tried sharing it with my friend , so he could see me bowling , but he was only able to hear the commentary and had a blank screen. This would be great fun to do as we would both be able to see the game at the same time but from two different cities.Both of us have cable modems with good bandwidth. I even tried changing the graphics settings to the same on both computers but he is not able to view the video.

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
Nothing is wrong with the connection because we are able to share other applications , except cricket 2004

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
Cricket 2004 is a game...

hi ppl

International Captain <br><a href="http://www.plan
So it won't work to see it from remote.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
the person playing probably needs to have another pc (a laptop would be easy to position near the main pc)

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
you could also try something like tightVNC, it's freely downloadable

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
I tried share it now but the game was rather slow despite both of us having a cable modem with good speeds.- i just broadcast my match on webcam and my friend could watch it- its more fun playing with someone else- we can make decisions about bowling changes, field placement etc wish they had online play

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
how does the person who is watching make decisions on the field placements and bowling changes?? you play against the cpu and the cpu makes those decisions

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
he means they can discuss those decisions together and make the necessary changes(field and batting order etc)...he doesnt mean that they played against each other....

ashwinkm

Club Cricketer
Yesterday for example I was bowling against England. We had them 5 wickets down but then they started playing well. My friend suggested a bowling change to Yuvraj Singh (Not something we would usually do). It worked immediately and we got a wicket . We then were through to the tail . I wanted to get the tail to face Zaheer . So we changed to the field and allowed Flintoff to get a single and then brought in 3 slips and a gully for Gough and bowled across his stumps and got him out to an edge at gully. We also make combined decisions about bowling changes , field placement , strategy etc. Bowling this way is a lot more fun !!
There is not much to do when you are batting though..

Users who are viewing this thread