Retired players finally Un-Retired!

Players usually retire when they are 36 or 37. Unless you make them "younger" they will retire after the 1st season. Use player editor to edit them and use Artmoney only to make them un-retire.

Hey guys finally I managed to un-retire the retired players in ICC 2010. I used the good old Artmoney. There is just one value you gotta change. Using Artmoney open the player tables. Go to row 5 column 7. You will usually find a single digit number there. Just change the value to 1 and voila! The "retired from" option disappears from player's profile page. Check out the screenshots of Brad Hodge and Shane Bond below. I have also posted the screenshot of the artmoney table and highlighted the value you must change... :)

I'm also playing ICC 2010 but the retirement value is in Column 10, Row 5 for me, the options do change at multiples of 4 though; I've Coaching Effect values in Column 7, Row 5 & Column 8, Row 5. Why are the offsets different for me? :spy

Where can I find artmoney?

Google, mate, Google. :D

Attachments

• Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 80
  • After.JPG
    After.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
It depends where you take the first number from - the beginning of the date, or the 64. What does coaching effect mean?

Didn't pay attention to first row of his attachment :facepalm I just assumed that everyone opens players on full DOB code at (X,X,X,64) since that's the code we search for but I now realise that Satish had opened on (X,64) but even after doing that, both of our results don't mesh on more than one count; firstly, after opening on (X,64), I'm getting the "primary" retirement option on Row 8 (previously Row 10 in my last post when it was opened on X,X,X,64) & even though Row 7 can be used for the same purpose, one'd've to put 0,1024,2048,3072,.... (putting 0,1,4,8,etc didn't give any results in that column) to get results since those values correspond to 0,4,8,12,... on Row 8; secondly, I'm NOT getting different results on 0 & 1 as options change only after every 4 numbers so 0-3 = Playing all forms, 4-7 = Retired from Tests & so on

Coaching Effect - is located on Batting/Bowling Form page & relates to Batting/Bowling PRACTICE & its effect on the player in % terms (the one I've found is for Batting only). When opened on (X,X,X,64) I'm getting following values:
Column 7, Row 5 = 32-1%,48-2%,64-3%,96-4%,112-5%,128-6%,144-7%,176-8%,192-9%,208-10%,224-11%,256-12%
Column 8, Row 5 (Primary) = 0-0%,1-12%,2-25%,3-37%,4-50%,5-62%,6-75%,7-88% (Cycle- 0-7,256-263…..)

Last edited:
but to what benefit? if we change it to 100 from 0, will that increase his ability? his ability to train quicker? or will it lessen it, would we rather they were always on 0? hard to say really.

well actually not that hard, it would just take a bit of testing

Firstly, I think 88% is the upper limit for it although I'm not too sure as I haven't tested it in the game, just tested the values through ArtMoney, as I'm not too interested in actually using it; I was just testing random values & just happened to stumble across it. I think Batting/Bowling Practice is believed to be helpful with regaining SHORT-TERM form (as opposed to Technique Training which is suppose to have a long-term effect on the players). So IF Batting/Bowling Practice does actually help with the short-term form (I've'd mixed results with it though) then one can just raise his Coaching Effect directly to 88% without waiting for 9-10 "game-days" that it usually takes for it to reach there otherwise.

Hi enigma. In my attachment I used the 3rd number (which is for age) out of the set of four X,X,X,64. Coaching effect is new to me! have to experiment a bit......
And for temporary form we can still use the editor and set a max value of 255. We don't need Artmoney for that I guess.

That form doesn't help at all though. (Changing it doesn't I mean)

Hi enigma. In my attachment I used the 3rd number (which is for age) out of the set of four X,X,X,64. Coaching effect is new to me! have to experiment a bit......

Yes, I'd realized that you'd opened it on 3rd number of DOB code ie (X,64) & I'd posted my results for the same in my last post but as I wasn't able to convery my results through words, hopefully this time, I'll be able convey them through screenshots. :D

EDIT: I want to add that there are values you can change for each type of retirement.
Value 1: plays all forms
Value 10: retired from FC, Tests
Value 0: retired from all forms except domestic T 20.
There are a few more I need to check...........

All the screenshots have been taken AFTER the value has been applied & most importantly, I've opened the table on 3rd number of the DOB code so that all the values correspond with respect to where they are in your table in the first post.

As you can see, putting smaller values in Column 7, Row 5 isn't giving me the kind of results you've gotten out it but rather Column 8, Row 5 is the one giving results on every 4th number & that seems to be the primary box for me.

And for temporary form we can still use the editor and set a max value of 255. We don't need Artmoney for that I guess.

What is editable, right now, with the editor is Match Form but Coaching Effect is a different thing although one may concede that there is some overlap in their functions; but as Chewie has already mentioned, editing Match Form is pointless as it is determined by the Game based on the last 12 innings' performance, so even if you set it at 100%, you won't benefit from it since the game recognizes that, for example, if a player has gotten 12 ducks in last 12 innings then he's not worthy of 100% form & he won't perform as well as he would've if he had achieved 100% Match Form through actually scoring big runs & this uselessness of editing Match Form can be found to have been known at least since ICC 2008, you can find posts relating to it on ICC 2008 editing thread.

But it seems Coaching Effect is something that the game cannot track down on as it does in the case of Match Form so it MAY be possible to benefit from it; I was able to get Chris Rogers (1451) from Derbyshire to score 3 100s & 3 50s in 10 innings by raising it while skipping matches but as I've said, I'm not really interested in using it so may be someone who is interested will test its efficacy over a longer period of time.

Attachments

• Column 7 Row 5 (0).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (0).JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Column 7 Row 5 (10).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (10).JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Column 7 Row 5 (1024).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (1024).JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Column 7 Row 5 (2048).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (2048).JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Column 7 Row 5 (3072).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (3072).JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Column 7 Row 5 (31744).JPG
    Column 7 Row 5 (31744).JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Sorry, very noobish question...what do I need to do once I've got artmoney? I haven't a clue what files to open :noway

Sorry, very noobish question...what do I need to do once I've got artmoney? I haven't a clue what files to open :noway

In the same boat here, have no idea how to get to the 'player table', as referred to in the first post. I used the hex editor, but it couldn't find any of the players' last names.

EDIT: I think the database is encrypted. How would I get a hold of an unencrypted one? Or decrypt this one myself?

Last edited:
In the same boat here, have no idea how to get to the 'player table', as referred to in the first post. I used the hex editor, but it couldn't find any of the players' last names.

EDIT: I think the database is encrypted. How would I get a hold of an unencrypted one? Or decrypt this one myself?

the player editing tutorial gives you the ICC2002 decrypted DB but you can just get the DOB - Code converter

and when you say "Row 5" is that up or down?

and does anyone know if there is an editor that has afghanistan/WI nationality and/or aus contracts

Where is Aus contracts?

Isn't West Indies already in it?

Values for different retirement forms.

I want to add that there are values you can change for each type of retirement.
Value 1: plays all forms
Value 10: retired from FC, Tests
Value 0: retired from all forms except domestic T 20.
There are a few more I need to check...........

Here are all the values I've gotten. I went up in 4's...but the random 'inbetween' value did yield results. Sometimes I might not have refreshed properly, so the value may be wrong...even though i checked most of them twice.

0= did not do anything
1= plays all
4= test
8= ODI
10= FC/Test
12= Test/ODI
16= 20int
20= Test/20int

28= FC/ODI
32= FC/20int
36= FC/Test/20int
40= 1day
44= 1day/Test
48= 1day/ODI
52= 1day/T20
56= 1day/Test/20int
60= FC/1day
64= FC/1day/Test
68= FC/1day/ODI
72= FC/1day/20int
76= FC/1day/Test/20int
80= T20
84= T20/Test
88= T20/ODI
89= 1day/20int/ODI
92= T20/20int
96= T20/20int/Test
99= T20/20int/ODI
100= FC/1day/Test
104= FC/1day/ODI
108= FC/1day/Test/ODI
112= FC/1day/20int

I didn't go higher as I got what I needed for my players, but I'm assuming there's more combinations left. What I don't know is whether they're between the numbers I've given or above.

I use the retirement thing mainly to retire my players gradually...as the game doesn't seem to do that automatically. I've also done the Afridi Tradition: Retire from Tests/Make comeback/Retire again/get called back/Become Captain/Retire again.

Users who are viewing this thread