Return to moon will cost $137b: NASA

Aussie1st will be something like this when he returnes from mars ;)

Attachments

• aliens 2.jpg
    aliens 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 25
  • aliens.jpg
    aliens.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 26
Well temps on Mars range from -ve god knows what up to 80 or so degrees.
Yes, launching from the moon would in theory, be "cheaper" in the very very very long run.
Man will not be on Mars within the next fifty years i can guarantee that.
WHY? Because we have our own problems to sort out here on Earth.

It would be hard to see us getting on Mars in our life time. We still have to get back to the moon and get equipement on there. Then they need to build spaceships capable of getting man to Mars. And then of course they need to build suits that would be able to last in the Mars atmosphere.

crapman777 said:
Well temps on Mars range from -ve god knows what up to 80 or so degrees.
Yes, launching from the moon would in theory, be "cheaper" in the very very very long run.
Man will not be on Mars within the next fifty years i can guarantee that.
WHY? Because we have our own problems to sort out here on Earth.

I can't wait till someone suggests for oil purposes :D

There is actually a type of helium in abundance on the moon that can theroetically be used in nuclear reactors so safe that you could power a car with them.

Sureshot said:
I can't wait till someone suggests for oil purposes :D

George Bush wants to go to Mars for oil :rolleyes:

Anyway I am lost to why we have 9 other planets (including the new one they found) with no life on them. What exactly are their purpose?

aussie1st said:

Anyway I am lost to why we have 9 other planets (including the new one they found) with no life on them. What exactly are their purpose?
Why do they have to have a purpose?

aussie1st said:
And who said they never had life on them! Havent you seen War Of The Worlds :p

aussie1st said:

Well at one point Earth had no life on it.

andrew_nixon said:
Why do they have to have a purpose?

Cause everything should have a purpose lol.

Anyway if you believe in Aliens then those planets maybe where these Aliens live or some other random space creature. :D
Jupiter may have its own man kind where they play jupiter cricket :laugh

Jupiter is very handy for us though!!

Without we probably wouldn't be here, it acts as a very effective shield, sucking in comets and asteroids.

Sureshot said:
Jupiter is a gas Planet, you couldn't live on it.
Jupiter is actually amongst the top 5 places for possbie life elsewhere in the solar system. It is thought that simple micro-organisms could exist in it's upper atmosphere. Nothing complex though, the gravity is far too strong.

Users who are viewing this thread