Review of Cricket 2005 Release in South Africa

gtruter

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi there,

I was lucky to get my copy of the released version of Cricket 2005 yesterday morning. I was very surprised as it was a lot cheaper than any game I have purchased so far - R180.00 compared to normal game price of R270.00.

I have played for round about 1.5 hrs and would have to say that first impressions are that this is going to be a good game. Now take into account that I only had Cricket 2002 and did not bother wasting money on Cricket 2004.

Graphics are really good and responsive; menus work properly with the mouse. Cut scenes are good and at the right time.

Commentary is not bad and a lot better than 2002. Not as repetitive, but will have to see later on when I have played many more games.

Now I would call myself an average gamer and found 2002 very easy to bat and bowl right from the beginning. Well 2005 is a totally different ball game, I found the batting very difficult on easy and could only manage to score off 1 or 2 balls. In the 1 game I played between SA and WI I had 3 edges to the keeper, 1 being a bug as the keeper took a dive 2 round about 2 slip and made the catch. Others were normal takes. Also had a catch in the gully area.

Bowling I also found difficult as the AI locks on to deliveries very quickly and hammers you for 4 or 6. I also found that moving the bowling cursor very difficult as it moves back to the middle all the time - like a gravitational pull

Overall in the little time I played I must say that I had a really good experience and really enjoyed the game.

There will be lots of patching to do as the ad boards are not correct and the bats are blank wood.

I managed to dive for the crease a few times but could not find the button for a manual appeal, also to bowl a late reverse swing delivery which the batsman very coolly blocked.

Hope you guys enjoy this one, I think it is worth the money. One of the pictures I have attached is in the game watching a replay of the caught behind.

Cheers,

Garth.

Attachments

• practice.JPG
    practice.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 175
  • caught behind.JPG
    caught behind.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 175
  • play now options.JPG
    play now options.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 166
Hey man was wondering where you got the game from in S.A. as i have looked in shops and they all say its coming next week. Did you order it from overseas or what?

duffarama,

Only a pleasure, anytime.

Cheers,

Garth.

Users who are viewing this thread