Don Bradman Shield ROUND 1 - The Wild Force vs The Avengers @ Wild Park

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great 1st for us. Let's mop up the tail and pile on the misery.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Not an ideal start, hopefully the tail can take us to a decent score somewhere around 250 which would be ideal to defend as a first innings total. Asad and Sandeep played very well today, hope they can kick on next time and convert those good starts, as well as some of our middle order who were settled.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good for me to perform well in my first ever game as an opener. Sandeep was brilliant too. The rest could not hang around much, but the hope is that they step up in the 2nd innings. Ashutosh bowled very well.

Even 200 on this pitch will not be a poor total by any means, but I agree with others, that 250 would give our bowlers a better chance.

Excited for Day 2!

Bella

#orangearmy
AUS..
X Rebels
Profile Flag
Australia
To the Avengers bowlers bowling to Indranagar Ka Gunda @asprin

The first thing is to watch out is for, is his batting stance. A perfect stance requires his weight on the balls of his feet.

So if Gunda is slightly leans over his body towards his off stump, it means he is standing on his toe area more than balls of the feet. And if he hanging back making his body too straight, it means his weight is on the heel part.
If Gunda - stands on his toes are more prone to go across the shot and get trapped in front or get bowled when a ball comes in because the weight in toes makes his body fall outside off stump.
If Gunda - stands on his heel part are more prone to get out to the balls goes out from where he has to play because of his weight being on his heel, there won't be enough movement to cover the swing of the ball going out.

Suppose if Gunda is perfectly balanced in his balls of the feet (doesn't happen often) , you can find his weakness in his footwork (max 3 balls). And if you are convinced if he is coming front or hanging back, go for the best conventional way. That is,

If Gunda is committing in front, bowl up, up, up and short..
If Gunda is hanging back, bowl short, short and one right up..

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Having known at the start of the match that it would be a difficult wicket to bat on, a 250 will be a ideal score. We have couple of quality spinners well suited for this dusty wicket.

AK's bowling is impressive so far. My individual performance was disappointing, hopefully this will get better in 2nd innings.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good to see @Ashutosh. picking up wickets against a poor batting team. Avengers batting lineup is very weak they are much dependent on @CerealKiller
Okay, so tell me, Mavericks scoring 260/9 on a balanced wicket is equal to Avengers scoring 197/7 on a dusty wicket? I say, we are very well positioned in the game compared to Mavericks.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Okay, so tell me, Mavericks scoring 260/9 on a balanced wicket is equal to Avengers scoring 197/7 on a dusty wicket? I say, we are very well positioned in the game compared to Mavericks.
Mavericks is not playing against avengers now.
There are 2 weak teams playing against each other in spinning track where a player from Dinda academy is talking 5 wicket haul.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Mavericks is not playing against avengers now.
There are 2 weak teams playing against each other in spinning track where a player from Dinda academy is talking 5 wicket haul.
RCB lite is now considering itself as a strong team, even before a league match. Good overconfidence. Appreciating the quality of cricket is not your cup of tea, I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread