Round 2: Vatican Victors V/s Toronto Tanks @ Neutral (11.11.2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Thing is, that the averages don't reason with another Nat in our lineup as of now, when we're playing random pitches. Of course, when it comes to home and away matches, where the pitch will be decided, there will be the real test. :)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thing is, that the averages don't reason with another Nat in our lineup as of now, when we're playing random pitches. Of course, when it comes to home and away matches, where the pitch will be decided, there will be the real test. :)

Why it has to be so complicated.

Cricket is simple game between bat and ball.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Vatican Victors v Toronto Tanks
Round Two @ Neutral

Pitch: Green

VATICAN VICTORS WON THE TOSS AND DECIDED TO BOWL FIRST
__________________________________​

0.1 Vince van der Biji to Holdenator, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
0.2 Vince van der Biji to Holdenator, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
0.3 Vince van der Biji to mattfb, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
0.4 Vince van der Biji to Holdenator, EDGED AND TAKEN! Safe pair of hands there behind the stumps, he doesn't drop many of those!

Holdenator c blake b Vince van der Biji
Runs : 3 Balls : 3 S/R : 100 (0)

0.5 Vince van der Biji to Insomniac, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
0.6 Vince van der Biji to Insomniac, Bowler appeals, others follow, and got him!

Insomniac lbw Vince van der Biji
Runs : 0 Balls : 2 S/R : 0 (0)

End of over 1
Toronto Tanks 4/2 (RR : 4)
Bilal91 0 (0b)
mattfb 1 (1b)
Vince van der Biji 1-0-4-2

1.1 Kapil Dev to mattfb, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
1.2 Kapil Dev to mattfb, , Wide, one run (1)
1.2 Kapil Dev to mattfb, Very well bowled. (0)
1.3 Kapil Dev to mattfb, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
1.4 Kapil Dev to mattfb, He didn't middle that, but there is enough power on it to get the batsmen three. (3)
1.5 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
1.6 Kapil Dev to mattfb, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)

End of over 2
Toronto Tanks 17/2 (RR : 8.5)
mattfb 12 (6b)
Bilal91 1 (1b)
Kapil Dev 1-0-13-0

2.1 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Good running, two runs. (2)
2.2 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Short ball, pulled away for four! (4)
2.3 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, , Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
2.4 Vince van der Biji to mattfb, , Leg Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
2.5 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Good running, two runs. (2)
2.6 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)

End of over 3
Toronto Tanks 29/2 (RR : 9.67)
Bilal91 9 (5b)
mattfb 12 (6b)
Vince van der Biji 2-0-12-2

3.1 Kapil Dev to mattfb, He takes a step down the track and turns an attempted yorker into a full-toss, and dispatches it over long-on for six! (6)
3.2 Kapil Dev to mattfb, Edged and through the vacant third slip region. Just after the skipper had removed a man from that region. Don't you just hate that? One run. (1)
3.3 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
3.4 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
3.5 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
3.6 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)

End of over 4
Toronto Tanks 36/2 (RR : 9)
Bilal91 9 (9b)
mattfb 19 (8b)
Kapil Dev 2-0-20-0

4.1 Vince van der Biji to mattfb, Perfect yorker on the leg stump. (0)
4.2 Vince van der Biji to mattfb, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
4.3 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Bah, I've seen better fielding by armless seniors in wheelchairs while blindfolded! Terrible effort, the batsmen laugh as they make the third run. (3)
4.4 Vince van der Biji to mattfb, Full toss, the batsman doesn't cash in and hits it straight to the man in the deep. Only one. (1)
4.5 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, , Wide, one run (1)
4.5 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
4.6 Vince van der Biji to Bilal91, Good running, two runs. (2)

End of over 5
Toronto Tanks 46/2 (RR : 9.2)
Bilal91 14 (12b)
mattfb 23 (11b)
Vince van der Biji 3-0-22-2

5.1 Kapil Dev to mattfb, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
5.2 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, , Leg Byes, another 2 run(s) (2)
5.3 Kapil Dev to mattfb, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
5.4 Kapil Dev to Bilal91, Great bowling, poor shot, and a regulation catch. Soft dismissal there.

Bilal91 c & b Kapil Dev
Runs : 14 Balls : 13 S/R : 107.7 (0)

5.5 Kapil Dev to Imran Khan, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
5.6 Kapil Dev to Imran Khan, That's gone high in the air, and an easy catch in the end.

Imran Khan c blake b Kapil Dev
Runs : 2 Balls : 2 S/R : 100 (0)

End of over 6
Toronto Tanks 52/4 (RR : 8.67)
Ian Botham 0 (0b)
mattfb 25 (13b)
Kapil Dev 3-0-24-2

6.1 scion_sid to mattfb, Full, almost yorker-length delivery outside offstump. Th batsman drives it hard and square of the wicket. Two more. (2)
6.2 scion_sid to mattfb, Tucked on the off side, two more to the total. (2)
6.3 scion_sid to mattfb, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! The keeper is after it...he's runs hard...and the ball lands just after him! He hurls the ball in to keep the batsman to a single. (1)
6.4 scion_sid to Ian Botham, Good length delivery on the stumps, the batsman just leans forward and drives it past mid-on for four more. Lovely shot. (4)
6.5 scion_sid to Ian Botham, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
6.6 scion_sid to Ian Botham, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)

End of over 7
Toronto Tanks 62/4 (RR : 8.86)
mattfb 30 (16b)
Ian Botham 5 (3b)
scion_sid 1-0-10-0

7.1 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
7.2 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Played to deep cover. Two runs. (2)
7.3 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
7.4 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
7.5 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
7.6 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)

End of over 8
Toronto Tanks 66/4 (RR : 8.25)
Ian Botham 6 (5b)
mattfb 33 (20b)
Abhas Gupta 1-0-4-0

8.1 treva to mattfb, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
8.2 treva to mattfb, Very well bowled. (0)
8.3 treva to mattfb, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.4 treva to mattfb, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
8.5 treva to mattfb, Good running, two runs. (2)
8.6 treva to mattfb, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)

End of over 9
Toronto Tanks 69/4 (RR : 7.67)
Ian Botham 6 (5b)
mattfb 36 (26b)
treva 1-0-3-0

9.1 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
9.2 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
9.3 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
9.4 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
9.5 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)
9.6 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)

End of over 10
Toronto Tanks 76/4 (RR : 7.6)
Ian Botham 9 (9b)
mattfb 40 (28b)
Abhas Gupta 2-0-11-0

10.1 w3lshrugby to mattfb, No shot offered. (0)
10.2 w3lshrugby to mattfb, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
10.3 w3lshrugby to mattfb, Rubbish ball, short and on the legs, flicked away with ease. Four more. (4)
10.4 w3lshrugby to mattfb, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
10.5 w3lshrugby to mattfb, Driven down the ground to long-on, the batsmen get only one (1)
10.6 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, The batsman lines up a big slog over cow corner, but inside edges it past the stumps and keeper for four! The bowler has a wry smile, if the batsman keeps that up, it won't be too long till he's back in the pavillion. (4)

End of over 11
Toronto Tanks 85/4 (RR : 7.73)
Ian Botham 13 (10b)
mattfb 45 (33b)
w3lshrugby 1-0-9-0

11.1 treva to mattfb, It's fancy dress competition time, and the winner is the lady dressed as a man who's dressed as a sheep! Well done Sir, uh I mean Ma'am, no Sir, no...ah forget it. In the meanwhile, the batsmen run three! Good running. (3)
11.2 treva to Ian Botham, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
11.3 treva to Ian Botham, Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
11.4 treva to mattfb, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
11.5 treva to mattfb, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
11.6 treva to mattfb, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)

End of over 12
Toronto Tanks 92/4 (RR : 7.67)
Ian Botham 14 (12b)
mattfb 51 (37b)
treva 2-0-10-0

12.1 w3lshrugby to mattfb, Very well bowled. (0)
12.2 w3lshrugby to mattfb, Great stop! Saved a run there he did! (3)
12.3 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
12.4 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
12.5 w3lshrugby to mattfb, That's a single. (1)
12.6 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 13
Toronto Tanks 99/4 (RR : 7.62)
Ian Botham 17 (15b)
mattfb 55 (40b)
w3lshrugby 2-0-16-0

13.1 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
13.2 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Good shot, they're running hard, the throw comes in, but they've managed a comfortable two. (2)
13.3 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
13.4 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
13.5 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
13.6 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)

End of over 14
Toronto Tanks 109/4 (RR : 7.79)
mattfb 61 (44b)
Ian Botham 21 (17b)
Abhas Gupta 3-0-21-0

14.1 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, And that's a slower ball gone horribly wrong. Sits up and begs to be smacked for four, which it promptly is. (4)
14.2 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)
14.3 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
14.4 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, No shot offered. (0)
14.5 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
14.6 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)

End of over 15
Toronto Tanks 115/4 (RR : 7.67)
Ian Botham 27 (23b)
mattfb 61 (44b)
w3lshrugby 3-0-22-0

15.1 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
15.2 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
15.3 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
15.4 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, EDGED AND TAKE...DROPPED! The keeper drops it! A simple chance and he fluffs it! Deary me. The batsmen steal a single while laughing, the bowler has his hands on his head... (1)
15.5 Abhas Gupta to mattfb, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
15.6 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, , Wide, one run (1)
15.6 Abhas Gupta to Ian Botham, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 16
Toronto Tanks 121/4 (RR : 7.56)
Ian Botham 30 (26b)
mattfb 63 (47b)
Abhas Gupta 4-0-27-0

16.1 scion_sid to mattfb, The batsman tries to dab that down to third man, but misses and his offstump is knocked back! Cya!

mattfb b scion_sid
Runs : 63 Balls : 48 S/R : 131.3 (0)

16.2 scion_sid to Hitterman, I'd like to thank the lady in Seat 27 Row D for the fabulous cake she's sent us! Triple Chocolate Fudge with Mint, my favourite! Oh, and no run. (0)
16.3 scion_sid to Hitterman, He's skied it, too high, there's a fielder coming under it, takes it comfortably!

Hitterman c treva b scion_sid

16.4 scion_sid to Wolf, No shot offered. (0)
16.5 scion_sid to Wolf, , Wide, one run (1)
16.5 scion_sid to Wolf, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)
16.6 scion_sid to Ian Botham, Dabbed into the gap for a quick single. The captain decides to shift the field around a little bit. (1)

End of over 17
Toronto Tanks 124/6 (RR : 7.29)
Wolf 1 (2b)
Ian Botham 31 (27b)
scion_sid 2-0-13-2

17.1 w3lshrugby to Ian Botham, Goes for a straight drive, but inside edges it into his legs and it richochets onto the stumps! The batsman is not happy!

Ian Botham b w3lshrugby
Runs : 31 Balls : 28 S/R : 110.7 (0)

17.2 w3lshrugby to WestIndian, Very well bowled. (0)
17.3 w3lshrugby to WestIndian, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
17.4 w3lshrugby to WestIndian, Short ball, cut away for a run. (1)
17.5 w3lshrugby to Wolf, Very well bowled. (0)
17.6 w3lshrugby to Wolf, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)

End of over 18
Toronto Tanks 125/7 (RR : 6.94)
Wolf 1 (4b)
WestIndian 1 (3b)
w3lshrugby 4-0-23-1

18.1 Vince van der Biji to WestIndian, That's a single. (1)
18.2 Vince van der Biji to Wolf, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and gets his partner run out! Oh dear!

Wolf run out gudduthemaster
Runs : 1 Balls : 5 S/R : 20 (0)

18.3 Vince van der Biji to Brendon Hedger, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
18.4 Vince van der Biji to Brendon Hedger, Fired that one in full and on the offstump, the batsman can just squeeze it away to cover. No run. (0)
18.5 Vince van der Biji to Brendon Hedger, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
18.6 Vince van der Biji to Brendon Hedger, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 19
Toronto Tanks 127/8 (RR : 6.68)
WestIndian 2 (4b)
Brendon Hedger 1 (4b)
Vince van der Biji 4-0-24-2

19.1 Kapil Dev to Brendon Hedger, Swing and a miss. No run. (0)
19.2 Kapil Dev to Brendon Hedger, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
19.3 Kapil Dev to Brendon Hedger, Bah, that was poor umpiring. Pitched outside leg, going over the top, and an inside edge! That's what you get for sleeping with the umpire's wife!

Brendon Hedger lbw Kapil Dev
Runs : 3 Balls : 7 S/R : 42.86 (0)

19.4 Kapil Dev to Clarrie Grimmet, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
19.5 Kapil Dev to Clarrie Grimmet, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
19.6 Kapil Dev to WestIndian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)

End of over 20
Toronto Tanks 136/9 (RR : 6.8)
WestIndian 2 (5b)
Clarrie Grimmet 7 (2b)
Kapil Dev 4-0-33-3

The final scorecard for first innings was :
Score: 136
Wickets : 9
Overs : 20.0

Vatican Victors have bowled really well to restrict Toronto Tanks to 136 in their 20 overs. The pitch looks quite good for the bowlers and even 136 could be a huge task for the Vatican Victors if the Tanks bowl well. Toronto Tanks' new ball bowlers Imran Khan and Ian Bothan would hold the key for them if they want to win this match. On the other hand, Victors need to get of to a good start which would put the Toronto Tanks bowlers under some pressure.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
That was some good bowling guys! :) Although green pitch favours the quicker bowlers, and TT's new ball attack is all Nat so that might be a problem... We'll see how things pan out.

Kshitiz_Indian added 9 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Hey can we have the second innings now! :D

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
The second innings begins now

0.1 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
0.2 Imran Khan to gudduthemaster, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
0.3 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
0.4 Imran Khan to gudduthemaster, Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
0.5 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
0.6 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)

End of over 1
Vatican Victors 8/0 (RR : 8) Required RR(6.74)
Kshitiz_Indian 6 (4b)
gudduthemaster 2 (2b)
Imran Khan 1-0-8-0

1.1 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Slapped away through the offside for a glorious boundary! Lovely shot. The captain's fuming now and removes a man from third slip to cover that region. (4)

1.2 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Very well bowled. (0)
1.3 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Drilled away through midwicket for four, that shot had some power behind it! (4)
1.4 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Full and on the toes, the batsman just flicks it past the now-vacant short fine leg region for four runs! The captain is fuming, and it's right after he took the fielder out of there! (4)
1.5 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
1.6 Ian Botham to Kshitiz_Indian, And it's a DLF Maxix...uhh...six runs! (6)

End of over 2
Vatican Victors 27/0 (RR : 13.5) Required RR(6.06)
Kshitiz_Indian 12 (5b)
gudduthemaster 15 (7b)
Ian Botham 1-0-19-0

2.1 Imran Khan to gudduthemaster, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
2.2 Imran Khan to gudduthemaster, , No Ball. Yorker full and outside offstump, the batsman just squeezes it away for a quick single to cover. (1)
2.2 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
2.3 Imran Khan to gudduthemaster, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
2.4 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Tucked on the leg side, two more to the total. (2)
2.5 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
2.6 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)

End of over 3
Vatican Victors 33/0 (RR : 11) Required RR(6.06)
Kshitiz_Indian 15 (9b)
gudduthemaster 17 (10b)
Imran Khan 2-0-14-0

3.1 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, The batsman calls for a single, but hesitates and nearly gets his partner run out! An effort that would make Owais Shah proud! No run. (0)
3.2 Ian Botham to gudduthemaster, Good short ball, the batsman is caught off guard and top edges it high in the air! There is a fielder after it...he's runs hard...and takes the catch! Well done sir!

gudduthemaster c Bilal91 b Ian Botham
Runs : 17 Balls : 12 S/R : 141.7 (0)

3.3 Ian Botham to sohum, The batsman looks surprised that that ball wasn't called a wide. The bowler's grinning as he makes his way back to his mark. (0)
3.4 Ian Botham to sohum, Short, wide, and played on! That's poor, poor batting, the bowler is estatic about getting a wicket off that!

sohum b Ian Botham

3.5 Ian Botham to blake, Biffed down to long-off, easy single. (1)
3.6 Ian Botham to Kshitiz_Indian, AND HE'S OU...noooo! Got back home just in time. Two runs. (2)

End of over 4
Vatican Victors 36/2 (RR : 9) Required RR(6.25)
Kshitiz_Indian 17 (10b)
blake 1 (1b)
Ian Botham 2-0-22-2

4.1 Imran Khan to blake, Tucked to off side, one more. (1)
4.2 Imran Khan to Kshitiz_Indian, Ahhh that's poor fielding. The batsman taps it away for a single, and the fielder fires in an over-eager throw well wide of the stumps. No one is backing up and some the batsmen run two more! The captain isn't happy! (3)
4.3 Imran Khan to blake, He tried to go over the top but doesn't connect well. However, it's placed in the gap the ball trickles away for four. (4)
4.4 Imran Khan to blake, ......what? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh right! The commentary! Umm...looks like that was a dot ball! No run. Now leave me alone. (0)
4.5 Imran Khan to blake, He's hit on the pads, the fielders let out a shout. The umpire has no qualms, and gives him out!

blake lbw Imran Khan
Runs : 6 Balls : 5 S/R : 120 (0)

4.6 Imran Khan to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)

End of over 5
Vatican Victors 45/3 (RR : 9) Required RR(6.07)
Kshitiz_Indian 20 (11b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 1 (1b)
Imran Khan 3-0-23-1

5.1 Ian Botham to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Clipped off the legs, the batsmen get two. (2)
5.2 Ian Botham to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He's absolutely NAILED that one, but the man in the deep makes a fantastic save, pushing the ball back in just in time! His teammate picks up the ball and hurls it in and they save a run, good teamwork. (3)
5.3 Ian Botham to Kshitiz_Indian, Great stop! Saved a run there he did! (3)
5.4 Ian Botham to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
5.5 Ian Botham to WORLD CHAMPIONS, That one deviated sharply of the pitch, the batsman had no chance of playing that. Dot ball. (0)
5.6 Ian Botham to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)

End of over 6
Vatican Victors 53/3 (RR : 8.83) Required RR(5.93)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 6 (6b)
Kshitiz_Indian 23 (12b)
Ian Botham 3-0-30-2

6.1 WestIndian to Kshitiz_Indian, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
6.2 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Ah, the quicker ball. The batsman was late on it. No run. (0)
6.3 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, The batsman goes down the track and nails it through the offside! Four more! (4)
6.4 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
6.5 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
6.6 WestIndian to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)

End of over 7
Vatican Victors 59/3 (RR : 8.43) Required RR(5.92)
Kshitiz_Indian 24 (14b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 11 (10b)
WestIndian 1-0-6-0

7.1 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
7.2 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
7.3 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Flicked off his hips through the vacant square leg region for two runs. The captain decides to remove a man from gully to cover up that spot. (2)
7.4 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
7.5 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
7.6 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)

End of over 8
Vatican Victors 65/3 (RR : 8.13) Required RR(5.92)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 17 (16b)
Kshitiz_Indian 24 (14b)
Clarrie Grimmet 1-0-6-0

8.1 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
8.2 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)
8.3 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, And the camera pans to show a hot chick in Row C. Rumours have it that she is either Zorax's date for the night, or an assasin out to kill him. I guess we'll find out one way or another by tommorrow...oh, right. No run. (0)
8.4 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Slower ball, made the batsman look like a giant moronical half-brained dim wit. No run. (0)
8.5 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
8.6 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, GOT HIM!! Oh no, wait, sorry. It's just a dot ball. My bad. (0)

End of over 9
Vatican Victors 69/3 (RR : 7.67) Required RR(6.09)
Kshitiz_Indian 25 (19b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 20 (17b)
Brendon Hedger 1-0-4-0

9.1 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
9.2 Clarrie Grimmet to Kshitiz_Indian, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
9.3 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
9.4 Clarrie Grimmet to Kshitiz_Indian, Gorgeous square drive, placed perfectly past point. There isn't a lot of power in the shot though, and third man cuts it off while the batsmen run hard for three. (3)
9.5 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, We've just recieved a letter here in the commentary box, from an fan who wants us to 'Shut the fuc..' oh dear, um, nevermind. Back to the cricket, and it seems the batsmen ran three! Well done. (3)
9.6 Clarrie Grimmet to Kshitiz_Indian, Placed nicely into the gap. Two runs. (2)

End of over 10
Vatican Victors 80/3 (RR : 8) Required RR(5.6)
Kshitiz_Indian 31 (22b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 25 (20b)
Clarrie Grimmet 2-0-17-0

10.1 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Neat little late cut, beats the slip and short third man. The batsmen get two. (2)
10.2 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, BANG! The batsman absolutely nailed that shot! Luckily for the bowler there is a man in the deep, so only two runs. (2)
10.3 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
10.4 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Gosh, how unlucky can you be. He's absolutely nailed that, but straight to the fielder. No run. (0)
10.5 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, , No Ball. Good bouncer. The batsman attempts the hooks, and gets a top edge which lands safe. Only one. (1)
10.5 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, I'd like to complement the gentleman in Seat 24 Row A for being so sharply dressed in that Armani Suit. Especially in this heat. Great show...huh? What's that? Oh right, the batsmen took a single, I think. (1)
10.6 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)

End of over 11
Vatican Victors 89/3 (RR : 8.09) Required RR(5.22)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 31 (24b)
Kshitiz_Indian 33 (25b)
Brendon Hedger 2-0-13-0

11.1 WestIndian to Kshitiz_Indian, Lofted drive, falls into the gap. The ball gets stuck in the outfield meaning the batsmen get only two. (2)
11.2 WestIndian to Kshitiz_Indian, Nice yorker! The batsmen gets a thin inside edge and the ball flies past the legstump and the keeper. Fine leg fields to keep it down to two. (2)
11.3 WestIndian to Kshitiz_Indian, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
11.4 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
11.5 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
11.6 WestIndian to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 12
Vatican Victors 100/3 (RR : 8.33) Required RR(4.5)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 37 (27b)
Kshitiz_Indian 38 (28b)
WestIndian 2-0-17-0

12.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Kshitiz_Indian, Shortish delivery on the stumps, the batsman backs away and swats it to cover for a single (1)
12.2 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
12.3 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He walks across his stumps trying to paddle it away, but misses it. And the keeper's appealing! There was a sound as the ball passed the batsman, and the umpire is unmoved. Replays show it was off the pad. Good call. (0)
12.4 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, He's slogged that down to cow corner. Long on runs in to field, and the batsmen get two. The captain is clearly not very happy with his fielder's effort there. (2)
12.5 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)
12.6 Clarrie Grimmet to WORLD CHAMPIONS, No shot offered. (0)

End of over 13
Vatican Victors 103/3 (RR : 7.92) Required RR(4.71)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 39 (32b)
Kshitiz_Indian 39 (29b)
Clarrie Grimmet 3-0-20-0

13.1 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, And the batsman pulls out the sweep shot! Takes a lot of skill to play that, and he has enough to place it for two. (2)
13.2 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
13.3 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, , No Ball. Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
13.3 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Sloppy fielding, the batsmen were content with one but end up getting two. (2)
13.4 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Short and pulled away for a single (1)
13.5 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, That's skied, but he's dropped it! Two more runs. (2)
13.6 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, That's a single. (1)

End of over 14
Vatican Victors 115/3 (RR : 8.21) Required RR(3.5)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 42 (34b)
Kshitiz_Indian 47 (34b)
Brendon Hedger 3-0-25-0

14.1 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)
14.2 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, And time for the reverse-sweep! Quite a daring and often needless shot if you ask me, but the batsman pulls it off well enough to get two more. (2)
14.3 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Tries to late cut that away but misses it, and the ball thuds into the keeper's gloves. No run. (0)
14.4 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Delicate little late cut, well placed. Quick single taken. (1)
14.5 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, Scorching bouncer, the batsman clearly didn't expect that and just sways out of the way at the last moment! (0)
14.6 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, , No Ball. Hit hard but straight to the fielder, the batsmen scamper through for the single! (1)
14.6 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Inside edge, and past the stumps. The batsmen take a quick single (1)

End of over 15
Vatican Victors 122/3 (RR : 8.13) Required RR(2.8)
Kshitiz_Indian 49 (37b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 46 (38b)
Wolf 1-0-7-0

15.1 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, No Run, excellent bowling. (0)
15.2 Brendon Hedger to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Good slower ball, the batsman doesn't pick it up. Still gets a single though. (1)
15.3 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Good ball, he goes for the cut, it's too close to cut, he's inside edged it, and it misses the stumps by a whisker! The keeper tidies up and there is no run. Phew that was close. (0)
15.4 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Short, wide, you know the drill. 4 runs. (4)
15.5 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Tries to work it off his legs, misses, and the fielders go up in appeal! It has to be out, it HAS to be out! NOOOOO! The umpire is unmoved! Gosh that must have been close. (0)
15.6 Brendon Hedger to Kshitiz_Indian, Good shot, bad placement. Won't get a run for that. (0)

End of over 16
Vatican Victors 127/3 (RR : 7.94) Required RR(2.25)
Kshitiz_Indian 53 (41b)
WORLD CHAMPIONS 47 (40b)
Brendon Hedger 4-0-30-0

16.1 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Reverse sweep! Cheeky. Only one run though. (1)
16.2 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, Good running, two runs. (2)
16.3 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, The bowlers runs in, the batsman taps his bat, and...oooohhhh! An aeroplane! Huh, what? Oh right, no run it seems. (0)
16.4 Wolf to Kshitiz_Indian, They run the first hard, they come for two, the fielder has the ball, they call for the third...will they get there!?! The throw is in, it's wide, the batsman dives...and he's in! Excellent running, and poor fielding! (3)
16.5 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Pah, that was a useless shot! I've seen better batters in my fridge! No run. (0)
16.6 Wolf to WORLD CHAMPIONS, Ooo, cleaned him up!

WORLD CHAMPIONS b Wolf
Runs : 48 Balls : 43 S/R : 111.6 (0)

End of over 17
Vatican Victors 133/4 (RR : 7.82) Required RR(1)
w3lshrugby 0 (0b)
Kshitiz_Indian 58 (44b)
Wolf 2-0-13-1

17.1 Clarrie Grimmet to Kshitiz_Indian, Oh that was a dolly of a catch, and the fielder makes no mistake. Back to the nets for the batsman.

Kshitiz_Indian c mattfb b Clarrie Grimmet
Runs : 58 Balls : 45 S/R : 128.9 (0)

17.2 Clarrie Grimmet to scion_sid, Oh my, he has absolutely hammered that down the ground! That'll be one of the flattest sixes you'll ever see! (6)

The final scorecard for second innings was :
Score: 139
Wickets : 5
Overs : 17.2

Code:
Vatican Victors vs. Toronto Tanks

Toronto Tanks Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Holdenator               c blake b Vince van der Biji    3    3   0   0    100
mattfb                                    b scion_sid   63   48   3   1  131.3
Insomniac                      lbw Vince van der Biji    0    2   0   0      0
Bilal91                               c & b Kapil Dev   14   13   1   0  107.7
Imran Khan                        c blake b Kapil Dev    2    2   0   0    100
Ian Botham                               b w3lshrugby   31   28   3   0  110.7
Hitterman                         c treva b scion_sid    0    2   0   0      0
Wolf                           run out gudduthemaster    1    5   0   0     20
WestIndian                                    not out    2    5   0   0     40
Brendon Hedger                          lbw Kapil Dev    3    7   0   0  42.86
Clarrie Grimmet                               not out    7    2   1   0    350

Total: 136                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 6.8

Extras : 10    No Balls : 0       Wides : 4    Leg Byes : 4        Byes : 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
w3lshrugby                           4.0           0      23           1   5.75
scion_sid                            2.0           0      13           2    6.5
Kapil Dev                            3.5           0      33           3   8.61
treva                                2.0           0      10           0      5
Abhas Gupta                          4.0           0      27           0   6.75
Vince van der Biji                   3.4           0      24           2   6.55

Total: 136                       Overs: 20.0                    Run Rate: 6.8

Extras : 10    No Balls : 0       Wides : 4    Leg Byes : 4        Byes : 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vatican Victors Innings 

Player                                         Status    R    B  4s  6s    S/R
Kshitiz_Indian             c mattfb b Clarrie Grimmet   58   45   1   1  128.9
gudduthemaster                 c Bilal91 b Ian Botham   17   12   3   0  141.7
sohum                                    b Ian Botham    0    2   0   0      0
blake                                  lbw Imran Khan    6    5   1   0    120
WORLD CHAMPIONS                                b Wolf   48   43   2   0  111.6
w3lshrugby                                    not out    0    0   0   0      0
scion_sid                                     not out    6    1   0   1    600
Kapil Dev                                         dnb    0    0   0   0      0
treva                                             dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Abhas Gupta                                       dnb    0    0   0   0      0
Vince van der Biji                                dnb    0    0   0   0      0

Total: 139                       Overs: 17.2                    Run Rate: 8.176

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Toronto Tanks Bowling

Players                              Overs   Maidens    Runs     Wickets    ER
Imran Khan                           3.0           0      23           1   7.67
Ian Botham                           3.0           0      30           2     10
Wolf                                 2.0           0      13           1    6.5
WestIndian                           2.0           0      17           0    8.5
Brendon Hedger                       4.0           0      30           0    7.5
Clarrie Grimmet                      3.2           0      26           1    7.8

Total: 139                       Overs: 17.2                    Run Rate: 8.176

Extras : 4    No Balls : 4       Wides : 0    Leg Byes : 0        Byes : 0

Vatican Victors vs. Toronto Tanks

Toronto Tanks - 136/9 in 20.0 overs.
Vatican Victors - 139/5 in 17.2 overs.

Vatican Victors wins the match by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: Kshitiz_Indian

In the end it was some great batting by the two co-owners of the Vatican Victors which guided them to victory. The 89 runs partnership between Kshitiz_Indian and World Champions which included just three boundaries was the key for the Victors. The man of the match award was given to Kshitiz_Indian for a wonderful innings of 58 of 45 balls which included one four and one huge six. With this win Victors open their account for this season, while the Tanks have lost both of their matches.

So thats it from here, hope you have enjoyed some good cricket played between the two sides.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great win guys. Surprised to only bowl 2 overs seeing as I had the best economy rate.

Oh and Kshitiz, your sim's scorecards are tweaked. Why have some bowlers got 3.4 and 3.5 overs next the their name when 20 overs were completed?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Great win guys. Surprised to only bowl 2 overs seeing as I had the best economy rate.

Oh and Kshitiz, your sim's scorecards are tweaked. Why have some bowlers got 3.4 and 3.5 overs next the their name when 20 overs were completed?
Yeah, I've only noticed this recently. I haven't done any testing to find out why that is really, I don't have much time nowadays. I hope that's a bug small enough to pass on! :(

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Brilliant win guys! I wonder why you both didn't want to finish it off yourselves.
Sid just threw his bat at that one. Didn't have a clue what was going on :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Didnt bowl too expensively. 4 over's for 30. And how did I get out.

19.3 Kapil Dev to Brendon Hedger, Bah, that was poor umpiring. Pitched outside leg, going over the top, and an inside edge! That's what you get for sleeping with the umpire's wife!

Brendon Hedger lbw Kapil Dev
Runs : 3 Balls : 7 S/R : 42.86 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread