run out bug - possible fix

well i believe that it has something to do with the time it takes for the ball to reach a fielder's hand. the run-out bug doesn't happens because of some particular stroke. it has happenedwith me when the batsman plays a late cut shot...the ball doesn't go far enough and after the 2-3 seconds the batsman starts to run irrespective of the fact that there is fielder close to it and there is 100% chances of a run-out.

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2
well i believe that it has something to do with the time it takes for the ball to reach a fielder's hand. the run-out bug doesn't happens because of some particular stroke. it has happenedwith me when the batsman plays a late cut shot...the ball doesn't go far enough and after the 2-3 seconds the batsman starts to run irrespective of the fact that there is fielder close to it and there is 100% chances of a run-out.

Is there anyway to make the fielders always throw to the wicket keeper, if there is I think this would reduce the amount of runouts in match.

R2D2 - I've just tried your updated runout.exe and in 5 overs theres been 3 runouts so im affraid doesn't seem to be working. Ive noticed on the scorecard the runouts showing as this "runout9", don't know if thats anything to do with your patch or not?

sorry guys i relised the mistake i was making. i think the things i was changing were related to how runouts are displayed in the scorecard. im really sorry abt this but these tyhings happen when editing exes because nothing is easy to understand and i cant test it properly myself because my computer has developed a problem with running games. hope to get that fixed.

however i have some other good news for u guys. i had a few days ago been messing around with a part of my exe that related to wicketkeepers. i had forgotten to tell u this but i have almost eliminated the wicketkeeper byes problem on all pitches except hard. i have found another part of the exe which relates to the ai's judgement of whther runs are risky. this seems to be a very promising possiblity to fix or at least reduce the runout bug.

Originally posted by tutsipoppy2

I agree with you.One solution to it will be to incrase the speed of outfield(or infield)which will make the ball reach quicker to the fielders ,thus preventing stupid run-outs.

Although this doesnt sound realistic,it worked for me.I played a game with a quicker outfield,and i dint get even a single run-out.

but the BYES problem

on a hard pitch, in an odi, there can be about 100 byes

it is ridiculous

makes it seem like the runnout bug doesn't matter.....

Isnt the byes problem something to do with computer specs and graphics settings. I dont seem to have any problems with byes in the game on a hard pitch.

I think the best solution for the byes problem would be to make the wicket keeper faster but how someone can do this i haven't got a clue

It would be so fantastic not to have 30% of runs being byes when I'm batting, and to not have to put in a long-stop when I bowl. Run-out bug fix would be good too but I don't actually think it is as essential. I do have quite an old system, but how could that effect the amount of extras?

hi guys i havent been playing the game for a long time
just wanted to say, i have made an exe where the wicketkeeper byes problem is eliminated except on hard and dry pitches. Anyway, i also found out an easy way to fix, make the refrsh rate in the c2k4 settings 60 or higher.
im afraid i dont know what to do abt the runouts bug.

r2d2 said:
im afraid i dont know what to do abt the runouts bug.

Sam already fixed the run out bug(quite a while ago).Seems like you have been away a really long time!!

It is there in the essential files section.I am surprised that even you did not know.

Users who are viewing this thread