Run out patches

Spin Legend

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey anyone i just wanted to kno are they any patches to stop the runout bug?

Attachments

• 395.jpg
    395.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes there is a runout exe which solves the runout bug but not the lineup bug. I switch between the two normally. Check the misc section of the site.

You know i've been playing the game for nearly 9 months and I've only encountered this bug once.

:huh:

I think an easy way around it is not to place fielders in those positions, I hardly ever play with a mid off and mid on, and when I do they are either quite close where the batsmen don't run at all or deep when they easily run two.
If you're consistently getting batsmen run out in areas of the ground, just move the fielders if you don't like it.

Originally posted by deadduck@Aug 11 2004, 12:54 AM
You know i've been playing the game for nearly 9 months and I've only encountered this bug once.

:huh:

I think an easy way around it is not to place fielders in those positions, I hardly ever play with a mid off and mid on, and when I do they are either quite close where the batsmen don't run at all or deep when they easily run two.
If you're consistently getting batsmen run out in areas of the ground, just move the fielders if you don't like it.
But shewerley mid on and mid of can be worth a few 'proper' wickets, particularly when a batsman is driving everything and you pop him a shortish one into the body which he tries to play straight off the back foot. Got me a few wickets that one has...particularly against settled batsmen.

I notice the runout bug most often when the ball beats extra cover but is fielded about 30 yards from the boundary. If they run as soon as it beats the fielder they would get the run but they wait until he is actually picking it up.

Just need someone to confirm this. Has Sam combined both is exe patches?
The last thing I can recall is that there is a "runout bug fix" and a separate "sams cricket 2004 exe". Each of them fix different things, but they could not be used togather. So you just have to stuck with the (run out fix) or the (line up, 3rd umpire, etc; fix). One or the other, but not both. Pls let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread