S-video cable problem

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Ok then. I have a HP pavillion dv9000 laptop and have an S-video cable and a colour tv. Now the problem I have is that when I connect my S-Video cable to the tv and laptop, I get black and white display. Tried so many things and also googled it but no luck.

Help will be really appreciated :)

Abhas

Retired Administrator
I'm not too sure about all this, but I think you need to configure either the display mode to PAL if it is NTSC, or vice-versa.

There may be an option to configure output as RGB or analog video or something.

As I said, I'm not too sure, coz never used this. Remember myself having a similar problem with a projector, so thats where I'm getting ideas from.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not too sure about all this, but I think you need to configure either the display mode to PAL if it is NTSC, or vice-versa.

There may be an option to configure output as RGB or analog video or something.

As I said, I'm not too sure, coz never used this. Remember myself having a similar problem with a projector, so thats where I'm getting ideas from.
I really have no clue about how to change the display mode:p

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
On most TV's the S-Video input is tied to another input, such as a Scart. Let's say for example its AV3. If this is the case you have to tell the TV somewhere that you are using the S-Video input not the Scart input. Sometimes you press the input select again so you get AV3 then AV3S, on others you need to do it in the menu. But basically it will come out in black and white if you don't have this set correctly.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
On most TV's the S-Video input is tied to another input, such as a Scart. Let's say for example its AV3. If this is the case you have to tell the TV somewhere that you are using the S-Video input not the Scart input. Sometimes you press the input select again so you get AV3 then AV3S, on others you need to do it in the menu. But basically it will come out in black and white if you don't have this set correctly.
I got nothing of that:p Well in my TV, there is a yellow input thingy with the S-Video thing. My laptop has a 7 pin S-video slot and I tried with a 7 pin and with a 4 pin and I get black and white for them both.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Fn + F5 to change viewing mode if you didn't know that already.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Go to your AV set-up and change the Color System perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread