SA-Coach

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
The advert will be circulated through all domestic and international cricket structures via the Internet.

Majola said the advert would run for three weeks, after which the potential candidates would be interviewed by a panel to be appointed by the Board of CSA on February 23.

The date of the appointment has yet to be set. "That will depend to a large extent on the candidates and the interview process. We have to allow sufficient time for the panel to interview all the potential candidates and to be completely satisfied that they have appointed the best person for the job," said Majola.

The appointment would be for a two-year period up to the end of the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies.

The current coach, Ray Jennings was appointed to an interim position in October 2004 and his contract will expire at the end of May 2005.

"Ray has always been aware of the situation and understood the process of finding a long-term coach. He was well aware that he would have to apply for the full time post along with all the other candidates if he wanted to continue in the job."

Jennings said: "I have full confidence in the process that CSA are undertaking to find a full time appointment. When I took the job in October, I knew what the process would be and that, should I want to continue, I would have to apply for the permanent job at the end of my tenure.

"If there has been any misunderstanding in this regard I regret it. I am now focusing on the job at hand of preparing the team for a successful series against Zimbabwe and the tour of the West Indies."

Users who are viewing this thread