SA domestic tournoment

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Standard Bank Cup started on Friday,here are the recent results:

November 25

Nashua Dolphins beat Mercedes Warriors by 31 runs (D/L)
OUTsurance Eagles beat Nashua Titans by 21 runs (D/L)
Nashua Cape Cobras vs Highveld Lions (no result)

27 November

Nashua Titans vs Highveld Lions (no result)

Highveld Lions: 219/9
S.Cook 116*(133) D.Steyn 3/37
V.Van Jaarsveld 41(63) E.Mbhalathi 3/42

Titans:83/2
A.Peterson 29(29) F.De Wet 1/14
Myburgh 20*(38) G.Kruger 1/25
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mercedes Warriors vs OUTsurance Eagles (Eagles won by 6 wkts)

Warriors: 182/8
Bradfield 50(85) J.Van De Wath 4/35
Dyili 33(41) R.Telemachus 2/34

Eagles: 183/4
D.Jacobs 80(77) Henderson 2/34
J.Rudolph 40(69) Olivier 1/21
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nashua Dolphins vs Nashua Cape Cobras (Dolphins won by 8 wkts)

Cobras:211/7
I.Harvey 55(39) A.Tweedie 3/35
A.Puttick53(95) D.Benkenstein 1/22

Dolphins:214/2
D.Watson 101*(159) C.Willoughby 1/34
H.Amla 55(53) R.Kleinveld 1/42
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
You have to say that Davey Jacobs is one of the most underated batsmen is Souith Africa, it wont be all that long before he gets a sniff in the Proteas side!

Wheres my boy Thandi Tshabalala? He is (in my eyes) one of the most if not the most promsing spinner in South Africa. I would love to see him playing for SA 'A' in a year or two.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Davey Jacobs doesn't look like he's such a good batsmen when you see his technique,but he keeps on scoring the runs!Definetly underated.Dale Steyn was looking good though.And Dougy Watson has scored two 100's in a row now,but he will probably never get in the national side too.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
More Results: 30 November 2005

Highveld Lions vs OUTsurance Eagles (33 overs due to rain delay)

Lions: 190/6 (33 overs)
Makalima 50(53) R.Telemachus 2/34
N.Mckenzie 43(64) J.Van De Wath 2/36

Eagles: 31/0 (3.3 overs)
L.Bosman 17*(15)
M.Van Wyk 9*(7)

No result.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So,it seems the Lions curse of having their games rained out continues,hopefully it won't happen on Friday when the Dolphins play them.The Eagles were really smashing the bowling if you look at that score,they were favourites to win you'd have to say.

Here is the log so far:
Pts
Eagles 14
Dolphins 10
Lions 9
Cobras 4
Titans 4
Warriors 0

Last edited:

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Good stuff with us leading the table! Our main concern however is our form in the Supersport Series... If you look at the results (we had a slowish start last year also if I remember correctly) we certainly don't look like the side that shared the trophy last year (maybe we are missing Dion Kruis), altho we do look as if we are going to retain our Standard Bank cup title. Also our bad result in the pro20 (twenty20) should fuel us for a brilliant all round result this year.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Yeah,I was surprised at the Eagles form,or lack of it in the SS series,but as for the Standard Bank Cup,I think we will give you guys a good run,we have a good one day side and we're doing well in the tests,just the 20-20 concerns me.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
02/12/05

Highveld Lions vs Nashua Dolphins:

Lions: 302/6
A.Bacher 93*(113) A.Tweedie 2/43
N.Mckenzie 87(64) Z.Abrahim 2/43

Dolphins:252/7
H.Amla 59(94) Coetsee 2/33
D.Brown 53(51) A.Bacher 1/31

Lions won by 50 runs
_________________________________________________________________________________

Mercedes Warrior vs Nashua Cape Cobras

Warriors:176/7
C.Bradfeild 86*(140) R.Kleinveld 3/38
A.Jacobs 33(42) C.De Lange 2/30

Cobras: 135 all out
Telo 53(53) Olivier 5/53
J.P.Duminy 22(42) R.Peterson 2/11

Warriors won by 41 runs
__________________________________________________________________________________

Nashua Titans vs OUTsurance Eagles

Titans:226/7
G.Dros 79*(73) T.Tshabalala 2/29
P.De Bruyn 50(68) R.McLaren 2/35

Eagles: 224/7
Beukes 88(123) D.Steyn 3/41
L.Bosman 63(73) Z.De Bruyn 2/19

Titans won by 2 runs
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe that game against the lions should have been rained out,coz they killed the Dolphins,thats a massive defeat.The Warriors also have their first win even with a low total to defend.Look at how close it was with the Titans and Eagles! The Titans are looking good this season,but so are the Eagles.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
At least my boy Thandi is bowling, he really completes our team in the bowling perspective. He geberally takes wickets, and has a very low rpo for a spinner. Theres one thing im still waiting for, and that for Loots to get going in a 45 over game like he did against the Lions in that Pro20 game last year! That would be just awesome!!!! Dale Stey n has been highly affective against us, must be because the only bowler as fast him in our team is the bowling machine. We need to work on playing his bowling, we can handle Wayward Hayward tho. (speed is nothing without control) Z de Bruin is doing well again this season by not letting batsman score runs of of jis bowling.

Shevchenko

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Some promising players in this season, I like JP Duminy, Hashim Amla, Stephen Cook, Vaughn Van Jaarsveld they are really playing well and it's about time Garnett Kruger got a run in the test squad

Users who are viewing this thread