Sam's ExE Patch

this is all confusing, can sum1 plz release an tutorial or something of how to put the player image in C2004. thanks.

Player Overlay works!

Great work Sam. More realism added to the game!! Player overlay works. For those who want to see how it works, here is a screenshot

sehwgoverlay4ub.jpg
  • Download a picture of the player you want the picture to appear from the Internet. Resize it to 256*256 pixels
  • Save it as a .tga file to the Bats folder of your Cricket2004/Data directory. Remember the file name (excluing .tga) should be no more than 7 characters)
  • Download Prakash's PlayerID_viewer (it has been given as an attachment in this thread on Page 31). Extract it
  • Open the file "PlayerID_viewer". It will ask you to open the roster file. Select your roster file from My Documents\EA Sports\user-name
  • It will show the list of players on the first drop down box and their responding ID's in the second. Select the player you want the picture to be displayed
  • The ID will appear in the 2nd drop down box. Select it and Copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl-C)
  • Open settings.ini in your EA Sports\Cricket2004 directory. You will find the explanation there on how to add picture overlays.
  • Paste the player ID there at the bottom and then specify the file name of the picture that you saved in your bats folder (e.g. 58471321=butt). The 'butt' is the name of the tga file you saved in the Bats folder
  • Save the settings.ini file! You should be done! Open the new exe file and then when your player comes out to the crease, the picture will be displayed. Also when his scores are displayed on the screen, it is displayed.
  • Note that this is only for Australia and India players!

Ok guys for me, the patch seems ok nothing more than that. Have just played a two player match with my girlfriend (ok she cant play to save her life but who cares). The ball does nothing in this exe, for me this rules it a no brainer. Whilst i appreciate the time and effort made by sam in making this exe to make our cricket 2004 experiences better to remove the swing from it means i will go back to the old exe created by sam.

If your looking for the nice cosmetic touches that this exe offers then thats cool, but for me its about realism and the added swing, this exe does not offer the swing :(

Still i dont want to sound rude or ungreatfull, as sam has and continues to put in alot of effort to make this frankly crap game, good! But this exe is not for me

Gas

The_gas said:
Ok guys for me, the patch seems ok nothing more than that. Have just played a two player match with my girlfriend (ok she cant play to save her life but who cares). The ball does nothing in this exe, for me this rules it a no brainer. Whilst i appreciate the time and effort made by sam in making this exe to make our cricket 2004 experiences better to remove the swing from it means i will go back to the old exe created by sam.

If your looking for the nice cosmetic touches that this exe offers then thats cool, but for me its about realism and the added swing, this exe does not offer the swing :(

Still i dont want to sound rude or ungreatfull, as sam has and continues to put in alot of effort to make this frankly crap game, good! But this exe is not for me

Gas

Have you been using the cutter buttons cause those are the ones that will get you swing.

Yes straw i have, what got me swing in the old one, seems to get me very little if any in this one. Maybe you have to play in cloudy, dark and rainy conditions to see any swing at all, but whats the point in that when swing can occur on a normal day.

*edit, i dont want to sound to negative, after reading my posts again, i think sam has done an excellent job with this game, it just seems to me as if one of the best features of this exe has been lost somewhere.

Last edited:
I think still it is beta and he will add more swing in final version as people are looking forward to it.

Sam,I think I have to not use your exe any more because I dont get to score 200 in a 50 over match hell I was bowled for 20 runs in one match and please do some thing about the cruser,it is so hard to judge where the ball is going or swinging,

can someone send a picture in .tga format because i dont have photoshop

Nice work Sam! :cheers !
Your patch has made Crick04 more realistic. I've some questions..

i. Which way does the ball swing? In the direction of the seam marker or to the opposite direction of the seam marker?

ii. Can I make the ball swing with the regular delivery?

iii.In which speed should I bowl to get swing?
:what

sachin_123 said:
Nice work Sam! :cheers !
Your patch has made Crick04 more realistic. I've some questions..

i. Which way does the ball swing? In the direction of the seam marker or to the opposite direction of the seam marker?

ii. Can I make the ball swing with the regular delivery?

iii.In which speed should I bowl to get swing?
:what

with regular ball, it should be seam. with the cutter balls (a or d), its swing...

i think the lesser speed, the more swing you will get. with the regular delivery, the more speed, the more seam you will get

fardin said:
Sam,I think I have to not use your exe any more because I dont get to score 200 in a 50 over match hell I was bowled for 20 runs in one match and please do some thing about the cruser,it is so hard to judge where the ball is going or swinging,

I think some people want this kind of results to create new kind of taste in this game.

I can't run sam's new exe patch...

Friends!,

I have one weird prob!, i can't run the new sam's exe beta 1.2 patch. Though i install it in c2004 folder, once i run Cricket_2004.exe, it shows one warning screen like "will u about to continue?", after clicking "OK", nothing happens!. Though the patch is residing in memory(check that with task monitor!), still i can't run this!. I am pretty frustrated. :crying . I request some body to enlight my doubt. (BTW i install the game in windows2k, rest of the c2004 related things, all works well though!)

Boss

Last edited:
Hero said:
I think some people want this kind of results to create new kind of taste in this game.

I dont think There would be a taste in getting your team out for 20 runs Hero!I cant judge swing at all,By The way Sam should do some thing to get the cruser viewable,with pace,swing,non viewable ball,I dont know how you are going to enjoy The game.

sorry I cant do much about it,This seems to be a huge bug.

the pic of the batsman getting out & the new batsman in is the same, hope sam will fix this bug

Last edited:
fardin said:
I dont think There would be a taste in getting your team out for 20 runs Hero!I cant judge swing at all,By The way Sam should do some thing to get the cruser viewable,with pace,swing,non viewable ball,I dont know how you are going to enjoy The game.

sorry I cant do much about it,This seems to be a huge bug.

Fardin , sam has made a fantastic patch for free and remember that he has many other things to do in his life other than making an exe for a substandard game called cricket 2004
If you know how much time and effort it would have taken for him to make a mega patch like that , you would never have posted something like that
First , you demand for a patch with more swing and seam and pace and once you get it , you complain about it being too hot to handle !! I think that the patch has made the game cricket 2004 like a real cricket match . Its never easy in an Intl game and if you want realism in gameplay (i think that is the foremost on the wishlist of BLIC2005) , then try to master the game at such difficulty .
The exe has really rekindled my interest in c2k4 and made it a tough game with a great contest between bat and ball
You cannot just score 200 of 15 overs now !! You have to really try hard and have a gr8 shot selection to score and that is what many of us want from the 2 upcoming cricket games . In fact we have got something which we expected from cricket 2005 and BLIC2005 in cricket2004 (courtesy sam).
Just stop complaining because the patch is Fantastic

NOTE : Sam , can you tell me the reason why the picture of the batsman who got out is displayed in the new batsman screen

Users who are viewing this thread