Seniors Help Please on Rights issue for releasing an Ai patch

vinuatlast

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am back probably after a very long time ..i usually stopped posting coz ...i didn't feel like ..with all the damn thing going on my life.(i feel i need not elaborate)..but now i think i should contribute to the PC community .

Well i have made a ai gameplay patch that makes Cric 2005 feel absolutely like the Brian Lara Cricket 99 ..

well to an extent ...with all the varying difficulty...People who yearn to see singles and twos regularly on the off side...Some rare fours on the off side using the normal off side shots without the shift button in the early 15 overs. Almost all shots hae been edited for their difficulty and direction to almost match brian lara 99's gameplay...Easy shot making and scoring in Odi's and a wee tough in Tests...I mean u can start scoring early in Odi;s with some rare attack shots paying off without edges and some getting screwed..Well in tests its almost impossible to play an attacking shot ...but u can start of easily with ....normal shots...and also the best thing is the ground speed ..and some of the shots in particular...i mean u can regularly play the backfoot off drive s and square drives square cuts as in normal cricket..which i'll mention if i am given a go ahead for the release...This normal mode is very easy even for those who cant connect the ball at all ...and the test mode a bit difficult for all ...but still u can score freely to an extent ...unless u play the wrong shot for the wong ball ..but look out for edges depending on the difficulty of the shot and the pitch condition and weather...

I particularly feel that this patch may make those who have given up playing Cric 2005 to come back and play this game again .....

Well i'll put the problem ...i used Tutsi's 4.0 v patch as the base to which i did the editing...I particularly found some of his shots very accurate and didnt feel the need to edit it and have retained those ...for eg the Pull...etc ...

but still i have edited a whole lot of his stroke files...while the 2bb...big file is solely my work...

If i release it u can check for what i have said ...I have almost edited 80% of the strokes for difficulty and did improvise a few shots for directions (u'll find it most refreshing some great shots)...etc...but keeping the rest same..

So if i am supposed to release it will there be a problem with regards to copyright issues ...or will i have to go begging to Tutsi ..for all the rights ..and give the credit... ?

Please help ......and do state the things i need to do to release this patch and the legality issues.. i really like this forum and all the posts ...i dont want anybody to kick me out just for the reason that i took some others work and integrated into mine...For all the hard work i put into it i dont want anyone to discredit me ...There u go guys...do respond...

i think its excellent that uve done that sounds well good please release Tutsi shudnt mind coz the dloads are to help game improve and if thats what ure doing then go ahead or u can ask a mod or PM tutsi

vinuatlast said:
I am back probably after a very long time ..i usually stopped posting coz ...i didn't feel like ..with all the damn thing going on my life.(i feel i need not elaborate)..but now i think i should contribute to the PC community .

Well i have made a ai gameplay patch that makes Cric 2005 feel absolutely like the Brian Lara Cricket 99 ..

well to an extent ...with all the varying difficulty...People who yearn to see si...........................
Please help ......and do state the things i need to do to release this patch and the legality issues.. i really like this forum and all the posts ...i dont want anybody to kick me out just for the reason that i took some others work and integrated into mine...For all the hard work i put into it i dont want anyone to discredit me ...There u go guys...do respond...
As long as you are giving credit to "Tutsi" you are well-within the legal rights to release the patch, better mention it in some sort of "release notes" and in the thread where you will release it.

I would suggest that as long as you ask Tutsi for permission to use his files he will happily give it and there will be no problem.
What we are most concerned with stamping out is people who use other people's work without acknowledging it and you are clearly not doing this.
If you request permission and refuses it then PM me and we'll see what we can do.

Well before starting this thread i had written a message to him asking him to assist me with the stroke files...well i didnt get a reply..might have been 3 weeks back ...well then i started doing it on my own ...And i have come to realize that he crashed his hard disk or some thing ...also he's not available on the forums ..whenever i am on ...so ..thats it..If kindly ..anyone gets hold of him..do tell him to give his permission on this thread...i dont have time to run after people..guys ..been a lot busy ..took some time out make the game more refreshing so ...please try to understand...and kindly can someone assist me in writing an acknowledgement.... :p

I've linked him to this thread. He was online yesterday AFAIK.

@ punk sk8r - I'm getting a bit tired of deleting your spam. If it's not worth posting then don't bother.

ok sorry i'll stop got over excited. and i dont spam much its just the edges but now there all sorted i apologise anyway

Well heres a list of things in the patch...

1. I'll be releasing 2 patches ..one for the boneheads...who cant even connect even a single shot..ie: for Beginners .and the other for normal players who have had lot of fun playing Brian Lara 99...i mean exactly ...like the versions of Village County and test...

2..For Odi;s ---U can score right from the word go ..singles and twos are aplenty...Attacking shots early on may yeild 50% chance of a boundaries , sometimes consecutively ...but beware if u tend to go into a frenzy...the cpu ai will nail u..u can score early on at the max rate of...9 per over ..on hard pitches ..but 4/5 on green with occasional wickets..normal shots are accompanied with very few or almost no edges..Now if u defend u'll rarely get out but defending spinners is not a good idea..some ball is sure to pop out to the close in fielder ....Attacking shots are accompanied with edges and rightly so ..but still u can score boundaries.. early on...The best thing 50% chance of normal shots can go for fours early on. if u hit it in the gap which u will coz its normal shots are easy......too..'..Advance shots have been made easy ...Its too much fun now facing the spinners...u can score atleast a boundary an over if u tried and time it well enuff.using the advance shot and sweeps .6's are easy too...but make sure u time it well and dont try to hit one too many...u'll fail....Now u can score 70 % of your runs on the off side...using normal backfoot coverdrive..square drives..square cuts..if u want...But if u are a die hard on side player...u can score 70 % of your runs ...on the on side...In short..u can score all round the wicket..u should look at some of the games i have playe d and the spider chart u wont stop beaming..but i am sad to say tailenders wont put much of a resistance..but they will certyainly give u an odd boundary or two..like harbhajan does. but they defend well now..U can keep almost 90% of the yorkers with defence but an odd one in a match will go thru your defence....The once elusive shot the backfoot late cut...that batsmen play regularily to the third man ...in a one day have been edited and its a viable scoring option..it exactly looks like the one batsmen play..in odis...Well i havent concentrated on the bowling aspect much i autoplay a lot ...coz the cpu is a hard nut to crack ..it will post some imposing totals...like 280-330 in a 50 over match on a hard pitch ..but the good thing is ,if u apply yourself with a little pint of concentration and technique..u can chase it down..but playing against better side makes it a closer game..Once Aus scored around 320 India pulled upto 307 all out ..On green pitches the amount of edges will increase..and so does the seam movement..Cpu wont make much score on these say a 220 max...but it is not easy chasing...on green pitches...

Particular shots of interest...
1..Backfoot coverdrive..LOOK OUT FOR THE 6HIT BACKFOOT coverdrive....ITS A TREAT...u can socre freely with this...for all balls excpet full length
2..square drives are a treaT too...u can score freely with it..
3.Backfoot straight drive...+ 6 hit
4.Attackin coverdrive 6 hit..its exactly like the one gibbs played over the covers against Aus..
5..Pull shot ..and hook well the credit for that goes to tutsi ...he has made those shot a gem...
6.legglance are easy and may find an odd boundry..
7.backfoot leg glance..against fast and spin...
8..the best ...Backfoot late cut.....to third man for a single...
9...all advanceshots..are easy to play and connect...
10...Oh and the one which is totally flawed in the game..the backfoot on drive 6 hit...

Try playing these shots differently ..i mean try the same shot late ,early .for different lengths and different line...each will yield a different result...

in general ..i have edited many of the unreal strokes. in Cric 2005 for their proper direction and difficulty....

Well i am tired to write about the test now...will put it later...just guys keep following this thread,.....i am too lazy to start another one...
..bye for now...need to do Microprocessors for tommmorow..got midterms..tommorow....see yeah
Also i am in no mood to correct my typos...so do bear with me...

Last edited:
I need testers please......i guess before releasing i want some of u to test it to find bugs...or any crashes on other machines.....By the way permission is pending.....the Brian lara 99 like patch is almost ready ..once again a few things..works well with boss 's field setting 3 ..and tutsy roster 1.1....I guess i'll have to ask him permission......for testing too ?? is it ??? by the way bowling issnt much different from the original ..i kept it that way itself to avoid much changes in autoplay scoring by cpu..though there is much improved swing and seam ...well about the variation in line...the cpu bowls outside offstump..full yorker lengths ..and some odd slower ones or bouncers.. Basically it depends on where u take gaurd.....

i wudnt mind testing it i enjoy batting so i can give a fair veiw of what its like

i ve tried many patches like doctor's patch,tutsy's patch,Eddie's,Boss's patch etc...
So i will test ur patch if u want to!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread