Your Cricket shall I get a puma bat?

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I currently have a GM icon and at the end of the season I'll probably get a new bat (I know its odd to get a bat at the end of the season but they're cheaper because of the sales).
I'm thinking of getting a puma bat or maybe a bat from a more traditional english bat making company like newbury or hunts county, what do you think because wouldn't they take more care making a newbury/hunts county bat because they don't have to mass produce bats apposed to puma who probably make more so they can't focus more on each bat. I'm just wondering what you think I should get?

Last edited:
I have a Puma, and had a Puma before my current one. I would recommend them, very good for striking the ball. The only downside is the original grips are dreadful and the toe guards never stay on.

I have a Puma, and had a Puma before my current one. I would recommend them, very good for striking the ball. The only downside is the original grips are dreadful and the toe guards never stay on.

Well those things can be easily dealt with so its no biggie

if you buy a puma dont buy the new ones i dont really like them, i would get a puma ballistic 5000 - probably the best Puma bat made.

i would get a puma ballistic 5000
I've got a 6000 and hate it. Cost me over $500 and it's a crap piece of wood. Good middle but the toe starts high up and is weak.
As McLovin said, Gray Nicolls are the way to go.
Although Treva may be right, just don't get a Ballistic!

Well why was the 6000 dearer than the 5000, supposed to be better! :p

^ My team-mate let me use his the once as my bat was being fixed and honestly it was the worst piece of wood I have ever used, the middle was very hard to find and anything hit anywhere other than from the middle went nowhere. Now, i'll admit that when I found the middle I did end up hitting a 6 straight over the pavillion, but I only found it once in the T20 game, hit 53* but it could have been a ton easy if I had a better bat.

^ My team-mate let me use his the once as my bat was being fixed and honestly it was the worst piece of wood I have ever used, the middle was very hard to find and anything hit anywhere other than from the middle went nowhere. Now, i'll admit that when I found the middle I did end up hitting a 6 straight over the pavillion, but I only found it once in the T20 game, hit 53* but it could have been a ton easy if I had a better bat.

Thats what I imagined them being like, they look nice and pretty but they're just not really very good

I have a Puma, last years Evolution 4000 (the pink one), it's great. My batting has really improved this year, i've gone from batting 8/9 to 4/5. It's got a lovely middle, and you get a good feeling from a bat if you've prepared it yourself, i oiled, knocked in and applied the face sheet and a toe guard to it.

However, many of the players at my club, including my brother, have Gray-Nicolls bats, they are superb, and i will probably switch back to one when i need a new bat.

Mine is a Gold Ballistic 4000 (I think). Cost me around ?130 a few years back. It's an excellent bat. No idea what the new ones are like but they look too fancy for me. So yeah, get one of the older ones if you do get a Puma.

Mine is a Gold Ballistic 4000 (I think). Cost me around ?130 a few years back. It's an excellent bat. No idea what the new ones are like but they look too fancy for me. So yeah, get one of the older ones if you do get a Puma.

well everone says that the old ones are better but were can I buy one?

if you buy a puma dont buy the new ones i dont really like them, i would get a puma ballistic 5000 - probably the best Puma bat made.

Heck yes. I have that bat and it is brilliant. Got such a lovely middle as well. However I have used a Grey Nicolls Fusion and that was also pretty darn good. So either Puma or Grey Nicolls IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread