Your Cricket shall I get a puma bat?

Its good everyone saying how good puma and gray nicolls bats are, but I also want to know if anybody has had a bat from a English company like newbury, Hunts county etc, they may be smaller company's but they probably have more experience in making bats as they don't have to mass produce them around the world, so has anyone had a newbury bat or a bat from a similar brand? And what are the best ones to buy?

Gray-Nicolls bats are best bats at present, they have very good middle and are much cricket friendly then style. I will advice you to buy Gray-Nicolls bat if you really are a top order batsman.

Its good everyone saying how good puma and gray nicolls bats are, but I also want to know if anybody has had a bat from a English company like newbury, Hunts county etc, they may be smaller company's but they probably have more experience in making bats as they don't have to mass produce them around the world, so has anyone had a newbury bat or a bat from a similar brand? And what are the best ones to buy?

I had a newbury, for about half a season before it broke on me during a 50 over game, hit a cover drive for 4, looked at the bat, HUGE crack down the middle. Not best pleased! I would advise not to get one.

I had a newbury, for about half a season before it broke on me during a 50 over game, hit a cover drive for 4, looked at the bat, HUGE crack down the middle. Not best pleased! I would advise not to get one.

well you can just sometimes have a dodgy bat because everyone is saying how good puma bats are, but a couple of weeks ago in a match we were playing someone on the other team had a puma bat and they got a quick yorker and as they hit it, a big chunk broke off. I may get a custom made bat anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread