MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
PlanetCricket would like to announce two major changes to the site, firstly a reorganisation of the Cricket Chat section and secondly our new default skin.

After long consideration by the Admin team, we have created three new forums in the Cricket Zone, International Cricket, Domestic Cricket and Your Cricket. These forums are aimed at reducing the clutter that occurred with the previous layout, making it easier to find the discussion you want and to know which forum to post in.

The Your Cricket section is something we are especially glad to open, in the hope that it can help all the cricket players on the site to improve their game. The Splitting of International and Domestic Cricket comes with the extra attention the IPL and ICL has brought to domestic cricket world wide. At the moment there are three subforums, Australian, British and Indian. The countries were chosen due to existing demand for them, more may be added in future if we see a lot of discussion from a country without its own forum.

This has left over a Cricket Discussion forum, which used to be called Cricket Chat. At the moment we are going through and moving threads to the forums they best fit in to, ones that stay in there are things that discuss things other than what you get with the other forums, especially issues that have an impact on more than one type of cricket, Umpiring for example.

As well as the forum changes there is another big change, that is the change to the default skin. This skin, titled the 'PlanetCricket Green Style' has been under production for many months now. The skin is aimed at giving a new look to PlanetCricket to reflect the fact we are no longer just a Cricket Gaming site.

I'd like to thank Prakash for his work on helping me with the construction of the skin. The old skin is still available for selection, should you prefer it.

The new skin is very good, well done.

I second this. The very first moment, I visited the new format, it attracted me. Very well done :clap

As a result of member feedback on the new Cricket Zone layout, we have decided to collapse the Domestic, International and Discussion forums into one.

This was done because members were finding the new layout more difficult to navigate than the old one, but many of the ideas brought in with the changes are going to be kept. Your Cricket will remain a forum on its own, and we are quite happy with the response it has gotten. Domestic will also stay as a separate forum, only now it will be a sub-forum of the Cricket Discussion section, which merged with the International section.

The fixtures forum has been dropped, replacing it will be sticky threads in the Future/Current Tours and Events forums. They aren't there as I post this, as the ones in the Fixtures forum were all out of date, but hopefully the fixtures will be up soon.

As usual PlanetCricket welcome feedback, use the Any Improvements? thread in the Feedback/Suggestions to put it forward.

Users who are viewing this thread