Sledging, is it part of cricket?

very good first post. I'm afraid it always had been, not sure if it should be.

Yeah, it is a part of cricket especially in South Africa and Australian cricket. Anything from under 14 up has sledging involved

As someone posted in my topic, sledging usually plays a big part in any cricket from Seniors up to A-grade.

Best sledge I have read was posted in my thread.

The bowler bowls a bouncer and the batter only just sways out of the way in time.

The slipsman says "quick, someone get his girlfriend out here. I'm sure she wouldn't mind taking balls to the face."

:D:D

It shouldn't be a part of the game. Sure, it might be exciting to watch but in the end of the day, it's not what cricket should be about. There's no borderline between what's acceptable and what's not and it will eventually lead to nothing but controversy and allegations of racism and whatnot.

Please Note: This post bears no relation whatsoever to Harbhajan incident. I would rather not argue about that in this thread as well seeing as every thread has digressed into posts I simply look beyond.

No place in cricket. If you dont have ability to get batsmen out then youre not fit to play cricket. Its part of Australian and SA under 14 teams cos they imulate there heros on field. If no one sledged on screen then kids wont take it up.

There was an article on Cricinfo about this. I'll see if I can dig it up, or if someone else can bring it up. As far as it goes, sledging has no crowd merit whatsoever. You are unlikely to hear what really goes on for the most part. Crowds will just see confrontations and draw their biased conclusions from that, based on what the media feed them.

Sledging is only used to mentally affect the opposition, and definitely justifying it by saying it makes for exciting cricket is foolish, to say the least.

No place in cricket. If you dont have ability to get batsmen out then youre not fit to play cricket. Its part of Australian and SA under 14 teams cos they imulate there heros on field. If no one sledged on screen then kids wont take it up.

Quite rich coming from someone who knows nothing about Australian or South African culture, hmm?

Sledging has been around since before Bradman, no TV then was there? the kids had no idea they were sledging on the field because there were no stump microphones, and unless they were actually out in the field with the two teams, they had no way of knowing.

You're completely wrong. As I said, sledging has been in the game for hundreds of years.

Quite rich coming from someone who knows nothing about Australian or South African culture, hmm?

Sledging has been around since before Bradman, no TV then was there? the kids had no idea they were sledging on the field because there were no stump microphones, and unless they were actually out in the field with the two teams, they had no way of knowing.

You're completely wrong. As I said, sledging has been in the game for hundreds of years.

Ok you wanna sledge sledge against each other then. Why involve countries from sub continent which frankly find all these stuff abusive. You might find it funny or acceptable but its not accepted here. Its just like with racism, you dont like M chats but its common in here.

Ok you wanna sledge sledge against each other then. Why involve countries from sub continent which frankly find all these stuff abusive. You might find it funny or acceptable but its not accepted here. Its just like with racism, you dont like M chats but its common in here.

Teams from the sub continent don't sledge?

:laugh

Stop laughing. Nothing gets serious than India-Pakistan for us and no sledging in that encounter. Its only bully teams that they have to respond too.

If you see two subcontinental sides playing, you rarely see any sledging.

Most of the sledging we do is in reaction to the sledging of Australian and South Africans. Every single incident of sledging was initiated by the other side.

So there goes your theory out of the window. ;)

If you see two subcontinental sides playing, you rarely see any sledging.

Most of the sledging we do is in reaction to the sledging of Australian and South Africans. Every single incident of sledging was initiated by the other side.

So there goes your theory out of the window. ;)

No in fact you completely proved my point, my theory stays in the window actually.

Stop laughing. Nothing gets serious than India-Pakistan for us and no sledging in that encounter. Its only bully teams that they have to respond too.

"Bully teams"? You are a crack up.

Teams that sledge:
Australia
South Africa
New Zealand
West Indies
England

Looks like there are lots of bullies out there. No, you are the odd ones out.

Ooh sorry princess. When you travel to Australia, England, NZ, SA, or the Windies they should all just respect your opinions on sledging and not say peep? No. It's test cricket, all good players must have the ability to block out the sledging. Grow a pair.

No in fact you completely proved my point, my theory stays in the window actually.

"Bully teams"? You are a crack up.

Teams that sledge:
Australia
South Africa
New Zealand
West Indies
England

Looks like there are lots of bullies out there. No, you are the odd ones out.

Ooh sorry princess. When you travel to Australia, England, NZ, SA, or the Windies they should all just respect your opinions on sledging and not say peep? No. It's test cricket, all good players must have the ability to block out the sledging. Grow a pair.

sledging is done by every team,there is nothing wrong if it stays in the field

Users who are viewing this thread