SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but since the last ps5 patch it feels like lower default bounce.

I had lowered bounce to 35 and got decent results on a medium pitch, but on a hard pitch i'm barely getting the ball knee height from a "fuller" good-length pace ball.

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but since the last ps5 patch it feels like lower default bounce.

I had lowered bounce to 35 and got decent results on a medium pitch, but on a hard pitch i'm barely getting the ball knee height from a "fuller" good-length pace ball.
Oh Dave, don't say that! :'-(

In truth, I think it was pretty likely with the constant patching that BA would do something to tinker with physics at some stage, and this project would be a work in progress until that settles down.

I'm on PS4, so that PS5 patch is prolly on its way in the next 24 hours. I'm not on my console to check.

Oh Dave, don't say that! :'-(

In truth, I think it was pretty likely with the constant patching that BA would do something to tinker with physics at some stage, and this project would be a work in progress until that settles down.

I'm on PS4, so that PS5 patch is prolly on its way in the next 24 hours. I'm not on my console to check.
I think it was just something odd. Started a new match same settings and it’s zipping around

Would be nice if default bounce worked a bit better. Would give us some leeway to really tinker the setting depending on pitch type and location in the world. But on ps5 and the bounce seems same as before. Will keep an eye on it as well.

Ps. Those edge settings you have posted reaaaaallllyy up the risk/reward of going fishing to off stump balls. Love it.

Would be nice if default bounce worked a bit better. Would give us some leeway to really tinker the setting depending on pitch type and location in the world. But on ps5 and the bounce seems same as before. Will keep an eye on it as well.

Ps. Those edge settings you have posted reaaaaallllyy up the risk/reward of going fishing to off stump balls. Love it.
Just time it well and you'll be fine :p

I’m working on a raging turner at the moment.. won’t post yet..

But I’m talking spinner run riot kinda stuff..

Thicker edges instead of thin edges etc
Grassy/Dusty pitches will have more turn I experienced with c19 need to check with c22 though

Creating sliders that indicate a rank turning pitch is great but the AI still picks 4 seamers in India...

A quick group think project, if anyone would be so kind as to chip in their views.

Ideally, I need to split the pitches of the world into six or seven main types. I have an idea of this, but happy to reach out to others to see what their views are. I'd probably go with the following:
  • England - Grassy, Medium
  • Australia - Dry, Hard
  • Asia - Dusty, Medium
  • South Africa - Grassy/Dry, Hard (I think grassy/dry is a choice)
  • New Zealand - Grassy, Hard
  • West Indies - Dry/?, Hard (I feel like there's a pitch type that would work but can't think what and I'm not in front of my PS4 to check the full list of pitch types)
Could split "Asia" into India plus Pakistan/Bangladesh etc, lots of ways to do it. Either way, I need a list of 6 or 7 parts of the world and the pitch type and hardness for each.

It's all part of the master plan.....

A quick group think project, if anyone would be so kind as to chip in their views.

Ideally, I need to split the pitches of the world into six or seven main types. I have an idea of this, but happy to reach out to others to see what their views are. I'd probably go with the following:
  • England - Grassy, Medium
  • Australia - Dry, Hard
  • Asia - Dusty, Medium
  • South Africa - Grassy/Dry, Hard (I think grassy/dry is a choice)
  • New Zealand - Grassy, Hard
  • West Indies - Dry/?, Hard (I feel like there's a pitch type that would work but can't think what and I'm not in front of my PS4 to check the full list of pitch types)
Could split "Asia" into India plus Pakistan/Bangladesh etc, lots of ways to do it. Either way, I need a list of 6 or 7 parts of the world and the pitch type and hardness for each.

It's all part of the master plan.....
West Indies could be Grassy/Dusty - I think that would, in theory, be a pitch that offers something to seamers and spinners, which is probably the best balance for the West Indies as a broad brush. They use the Dukes ball too which offers more assistance to the bowlers.

Bangladesh are probably the most raging turners and offer the least for seamers. Sri Lankan pitches can be quite flat and Pakistan pitches will offer more for seamers than those other Asian countries (although that might be more to do with them producing more express pace bowlers looking to get the best out of unfriendly bowling conditions). Indian pitches are a bit of a mixture of all three, although probably closer to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka depending where they play.

Edit.

Just generally, I don't know how this plays out in the game, but the pitches I see as should be doing the following:

Grassy/Dusty - Seams for a couple of days, maybe day three it flattens but then favours spin
Grassy/Dry - Seam then flattens out for longer, then spin might come into it but could be a wicket where 3rd and 4th innings batting is easier
Dry - one day pitch, flat but will break up and grip to offer offer assistance to spinners later in a match (test)
Dusty - consistently offers spin from the outset, might skid on a bit more. Nothing much for seamers off the pitch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread