SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Long day in the field in day two coming up unless i can strike back!
Kiwis have just declared on 361/5 - ive all on to avoid an innings defeat.

At least i think it was a declaration, they just walked off, it wasnt lunch or tea time, and my openers walked out, @WealeyH is this how the game handles an AI declaration? As it doesnt say anything on the scorecard such as dec etc, just says 361/5.

Kiwis have just declared on 361/5 - ive all on to avoid an innings defeat.

At least i think it was a declaration, they just walked off, it wasnt lunch or tea time, and my openers walked out, @WealeyH is this how the game handles an AI declaration? As it doesnt say anything on the scorecard such as dec etc, just says 361/5.

Eeer yeah but that’s the lowest score Iv seen them declare on? What’s the match situation atm!?

Eeer yeah but that’s the lowest score Iv seen them declare on? What’s the match situation atm!?
They were 270 ahead when they declared - was a bit of an odd one? Possibly the AI logic seeing i only got a low score first up and thought the lead was big enough?

Ive already lost wickets before close, the sharp turn of Ajaz Patel is killing me.

Cant see it getting past lunch on Day three - a humbling defeat awaits.

Cant see it getting past lunch on Day three - a humbling defeat awaits.
Yep, lost by and innings and then some - they were very difficult settings/sliders to bat on @Rumple43 but theres no doubt i contributed to my own downfall with some bad shots.

Thoughts...

- RR at 20 seems still too high, AI romped along at 3.7/3.8 an over no matter what i tried, fields i set - im going back down to 18 on the next test, worth potentially doing the same?
- Tough to bat, as it should have been with these settings
- Found the AI challenged a few what turned out to be correct lbw decisions from the umpire and lost two challenges quickly - seemed to make them more circumspect and save the other, so this was good to see from your ump settings

Im a glutton for punishment though so im going to have a rematch, with a few tweaks.

- Kensington Oval in Barbados this time
- season set to spring not summer see if affects how they bat
- grassy/dry pitch instead of grassy/dusty
- AI RR lowered from 20 to 18
- no cracks this time instead of light
- only one spinner per side instead of two

Will see what difference these slight tweaks make for the rematch and feed back for the set.

Last edited:
Yep, lost by and innings and then some - they were very difficult settings/sliders to bat on @Rumple43 but theres no doubt i contributed to my own downfall with some bad shots.

Thoughts...

- RR at 20 seems still too high, AI romped along at 3.7/3.8 an over no matter what i tried, fields i set - im going back down to 18 on the next test, worth potentially doing the same?
- Tough to bat, as it should have been with these settings
- Found the AI challenged a few what turned out to be correct lbw decisions from the umpire and lost two challenges quickly - seemed to make them more circumspect and save the other, so this was good to see from your ump settings

Im a glutton for punishment though so im going to have a rematch, with a few tweaks.

- Kensington Oval in Barbados this time
- season set to spring not summer see if affects how they bat
- grassy/dry pitch instead of grassy/dusty
- AI RR lowered from 20 to 18
- only one spinner per side instead of two

Will see what difference these slight tweaks make for the rematch and feed back for the set.
@Rumple43 lads I’m going to do my second test with exact same settings as I used at the Gabba .. only difference is I’m going to add heavy cracks to the pitch..

It’s been a hot hot few weeks in Adelaide. I’m just curious what affect they have if any…

@Rumple43 lads I’m going to do my second test with exact same settings as I used at the Gabba .. only difference is I’m going to add heavy cracks to the pitch..

It’s been a hot hot few weeks in Adelaide. I’m just curious what affect they have if any…
I had light cracks for the first game, possibly contributed as well as dusty to the sharp turn, gone for no cracks this time and the turn is much more gentle...enough to get me to badly mistime a shot off Patel though, i really must learn to wait longer on the spin.

61/3 at lunch after i won the toss and opted to bat.

I had light cracks for the first game, possibly contributed as well as dusty to the sharp turn, gone for no cracks this time and the turn is much more gentle...enough to get me to badly mistime a shot off Patel though, i really must learn to wait longer on the spin.

61/3 at lunch after i won the toss and opted to bat.

I’m 101/3 at lunch on the same pitch as the Gabba but heavily cracked.

I’d say early impressions are it may spin bit more already when cracked.

These settings for me if I concentrate do simulate easier batting. But that’s the point.

I hit plenty of “ok” timing shots that if the edge slider was up I’d be nicking off. But that’s saved for the trickier pitches… makes sense right?

I still don’t know what late window early window.. skill input miss etc all do…

I hit plenty of “ok” timing shots that if the edge slider was up I’d be nicking off. But that’s saved for the trickier pitches… makes sense right?
Yep, we need to tailor the settings for how we want each pitch/location to feel, so for yours more of a batter friendly setting makes sense.

I collapsed to 148 all out first knock, im fine when im concentrating fully but sometimes when i dont the reactions arent right - need to really focus on batting on these bowler friendly settings.

NZ 68/2 at close, one catch pulled to square leg, one genuine run out on a quick single.

Need to get into them on Day two, keep them to ideally no more than 250, but Williamson looks ominous.

Now I don't play on the Hard levels at Cricket Games I'm not on hard or hardest I'm on easy but never mind i do use the Pro Sticks for me that's realistic i have tuned the sliders a lot in my favour when i first Played Australia v New Zealand at Perth U didn't rise Run rate was to 50 For AI and there were Going at 4 plus an over NZ i mean Fine tuned the Run rate and Strikers Timing down to 30 much better. Played Against the West indies in Brisbane and bowled them out for 67 in 33 overs several maidens in there had a break from that Game. A few days later played again after PATCH 1,10 on PS 4 then the West Indies were going at 4 an over even on the Easy level no i was not bowling poorly i was pressuring them at times and there playing like its a one day game had run rate and strikes timing at 30 in the next game in the day night test at Adelaide the West Indies scored 328 in about 80 overs well i wasn't bowling badly then yes i use attacking fields do have a fine leg 3 slips a gully and yes i do change the field more defensive go around the wicket etc and yes i get them out but its ridiculous the run rate they were like having to score a 4 of the last ball a lot of times. Now I know others are on harder levels and and there having the same problem at times so its not necessarily what level you play on i think Big ants been tinkering with the sliders so im going to reduce the Run rate to 18 saw a post earlier and the strikers timing to some degree. I do feel SOMETIMES but not always there is some scripting going on it really is a good game despite having to have so many patches and yes am not as good as others who play on harder levels but it really doesn't matter at least we can help each other any way enjoy the game

Yep, we need to tailor the settings for how we want each pitch/location to feel, so for yours more of a batter friendly setting makes sense.

I collapsed to 148 all out first knock, im fine when im concentrating fully but sometimes when i dont the reactions arent right - need to really focus on batting on these bowler friendly settings.

NZ 68/2 at close, one catch pulled to square leg, one genuine run out on a quick single.

Need to get into them on Day two, keep them to ideally no more than 250, but Williamson looks ominous.

@Rumple43

I was 183/3 on my Adelaide deck..

10 overs till Tea..

202/5

Lyon someone bowling both Stokes and Hameed in the 70’s.. I love how a slight misjudgment and you can be gone. But for the most part it’s flat. But they have the quality to get you out. It’s a 400 deck ONLY if I bat well. As it should be!

@Rumple43

I was 183/3 on my Adelaide deck..

10 overs till Tea..

202/5

Lyon someone bowling both Stokes and Hameed in the 70’s.. I love how a slight misjudgment and you can be gone. But for the most part it’s flat. But they have the quality to get you out. It’s a 400 deck ONLY if I bat well. As it should be!
You might almost say, it's a real Test ;)

Fingers crossed you put a few more on the board!

Users who are viewing this thread