Snooker: anybody else play?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
LOL! No, no. Not that :laugh

What I meant was I had my cricket bat in my hand. I was a bit, lets say, not my self at that time. I lifted my bat as if I had scored a century in cricket. I ended up realising the next morning I had put a small chip into the table.

D

Dutch

LOL! No, no. Not that :laugh

What I meant was I had my cricket bat in my hand. I was a bit, lets say, not my self at that time. I lifted my bat as if I had scored a century in cricket. I ended up realising the next morning I had put a small chip into the table.

Ah I finally get it! Well you shouldn't eat chips during snooker!:p

Lee1981

International Coach
I used to love a game of snooker down the local club when i was 18 and me and the boys used to hammer a few beers down and play absolutely terrible, but wicked fun,
People who have never played have no idea how hard and skillful a game it is

D

Dutch

I used to love a game of snooker down the local club when i was 18 and me and the boys used to hammer a few beers down and play absolutely terrible, but wicked fun,
People who have never played have no idea how hard and skillful a game it is

It's like everything: you have to practice very hard and intensively to get anywhere. I am just starting to appreciate how difficult it acually is: there are so many variables and the line between success and failure is very very thin! It's great though because with a mathematical scientific approach you start to understand and predict what is going to happen: when it comes off it is a great feeling!

P

pcfan123

I played a lot of 8 ball in college, always was interested in snooker but never knew anyone who played or even knows the rules

Lee1981

International Coach
Its one of a few sports where you cant be even a millimetre out on a shot as it wont go where you want, like golf aswell you just cant get away with any misplacement, wheres football, cricket and tennis for example you can still score goals or runs or points with mis timed or badly connected shots.
Which is i why i have alot of respect for golfers and snooker players

Sureshot

Executive member
We always used to play a fair bit of billiards, I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to improve their snooker ability. Excellent for improving control of the cue ball.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah, legit snooker table.

Other then the small chip in the wood from my cricket bat due to me 'celebrating a century', its in perfect nick.

Did you clunk your fullsize table with your bat? You nutter!! :eek::laugh

OK - just read your other post. :)

D

Dutch

Snooker is a great sport or game, whatever your opinion: even though many players huff and puff and sigh, it really does all come down to how well you manipulate the balls (yes, the ones on the table!) Many players go around blaming life, God, the other player, the table, luck etcetera but you get what you dish up.

Practice, practice , practice and enjoy every shot! Thas my motto and it is starting to pay off. More consistency!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Your only up at Epping so wouldn't be too far aye'.

That reminds me, how is life there anyway?

Ah well.. Life's bad at the moment. Have to submit 2 assignments tomorrow, Still havn't finished one of them, another one lined up on friday. :facepalm
This part of Uni sucks!

Otherwise, life's been good, boring at times, but quite nice. Went Laser-tag with buddies.. Awesome experience :)

Abhas added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

And, to be on topic.. I think my highest break was around 37.
I've always played on a casual level, with my friends. Nothing like a championship or anything..
Personally, I prefer snooker over pool. It's much more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread