So I played my first online game...

playkid12

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was really fun! I was India, put in to bat...made 113/4 in 10 overs. The person playing against me was PakCricketer or something...he's in these forums.

So at first, I lost Sehwag early...and the lag was kinda annoying. But Tendulkar, Dravid, Dhoni, and co. put up 113/4 on the board, which I think isn't bad for a first timer. When Pakistan came out to bat, I started off great, because whoever he started off with got out first ball - catch at slip to Sehwag. But then, I started dropping catches like coins from a lottery machine when you win a jackpot. However, his wickets still fell at regular intervals. I would've had him done much earlier if I didn't drop so many catches, but I guess that's a learning curve and I'm not complaining.

But here's what sucks. He was 46/5 or 6 wickets. Mid-game, he just quits on me! I've played some other games where people do this, and they get bad markings of it in their profile. I wish BLIC 2007 did that too, because this can get annoying, esp in longer games..where you put in a lot of your time.

Anyway, overall it was very enjoyable and I have an open server right now on gamespy if anyone wants to play lol.

Last edited:
I'll be honest with you, Pak_Cricketer isnt a quitter.

I'm gonna guess that something like his connection dropped or PC died or whatever

yer i was playing stevie earlier and he disconnected, trust me he didnt do it on purpose we were even talking at the time. it must be a bug in the code. i suspect this is the same with pak_cricketer.

playkid12 said:
It was really fun! I was India, put in to bat...made 113/4 in 10 overs. The person playing against me was PakCricketer or something...he's in these forums.

So at first, I lost Sehwag early...and the lag was kinda annoying. But Tendulkar, Dravid, Dhoni, and co. put up 113/4 on the board, which I think isn't bad for a first timer. When Pakistan came out to bat, I started off great, because whoever he started off with got out first ball - catch at slip to Sehwag. But then, I started dropping catches like coins from a lottery machine when you win a jackpot. However, his wickets still fell at regular intervals. I would've had him done much earlier if I didn't drop so many catches, but I guess that's a learning curve and I'm not complaining.

But here's what sucks. He was 46/5 or 6 wickets. Mid-game, he just quits on me! I've played some other games where people do this, and they get bad markings of it in their profile. I wish BLIC 2007 did that too, because this can get annoying, esp in longer games..where you put in a lot of your time.

Anyway, overall it was very enjoyable and I have an open server right now on gamespy if anyone wants to play lol.

I am terribly sorry that happened! I was forced to quit the game. But I think you won that one, your tactics were really good, although I thought it was a bit negative :p.. I would be glad to have a re-match. Friday is a good day for a re-match since its a holiday and I am available for a longer period of time. Once again, I am sorry that our game had to end like that
:cheers

Yeah online play is good. Sorry I couldn't play with you Pak_cricketer. I played against someone called dranna. He is good. I barely got 50 runs. :P

Users who are viewing this thread