Sohail Khan another 90mph bowler emerges!

Allrounder18

Banned
OH wow Pak have just found another(infact 2 of them if Wahab Riaz manages to bowl 2 mph more in the next game). When it looks like that fast bowling has been dying in PAK certainly two 90mph bowlers emerges. Good luck team Pakistan.

OH wow Pak have just found another(infact 2 of them if Wahab Riaz manages to bowl 2 mph more in the next game). When it looks like that fast bowling has been dying in PAK certainly two 90mph bowlers emerges. Good luck team Pakistan.

so just because they can bowl at 90mph that makes them good bowlers. I'm not even sure that Khan can bowl at 90mph from what i have heard he is a mid 80s bowler.
His domestic record looks really good but he needs a chance in the longer version of the game because he doesn't seem to be as good in ODIs.

so just because they can bowl at 90mph that makes them good bowlers. I'm not even sure that Khan can bowl at 90mph from what i have heard he is a mid 80s bowler.
His domestic record looks really good but he needs a chance in the longer version of the game because he doesn't seem to be as good in ODIs.

He already bowled 90mph (145.something in last match) today the speed gun were total messed up and Wahab Riaz has bowls avg at 140k so he can also touch 90mph althought havent touch it yet.

trust me just because he has speed it doesn't mean that he is going to be good. I could go to any of the big Caribbean islands and i cant get 10 guys that can bowl over 90mph but will they be good cricketers who knows.

Khan has played all his matches against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh and today was the only sort of good performance he put on. Ill wait until i see him in Tests and against better sides in ODIs and than ill judge him.

He never said they would be good--he said they would be fast. Which they probably will be unless they get injured. Pakistan has no problems churning out fast bowlers--too bad none of them are given enough of a chance.

He never said they would be good--he said they would be fast. Which they probably will be unless they get injured. Pakistan has no problems churning out fast bowlers--too bad none of them are given enough of a chance.

PCB are not like BCCI otherwise we have the best when comes to fast bowling ,now PCB are going to drop Sohail Khan by saying that we willl nurture him. How will he nurture by not playing???

And why Muhammad Yousuf is still playing the 4th ODI when we have won the series? WHy Younis Khan is back for 5th ODI? these are the question which will never get answerd.

In terms of sheer pace, 90 mph isn't a be-all-end-all, but it's important to remember what international teams look for in a bowler. For a start, 135 seems to be what genuine fast-medium players look to bowl at; a little slower and the ball swings a bit more, a little faster and you can beat the batsman for pace. A guy who is topping at 133 at age 25 isn't really international standard and in 8 years will struggle to make a dent. By contrast, a young player who can consistently find 145 or more is a player who is more likely to have the strength for a real career.

he has good potential but needs to be coached by someone like waqar younis to be the finished article
when coached he could reach 94-95 consistently

He needs to sign for Kings XI.

I have seen him. He looks good prospect.
But someone needs to do finishing work on him.
Anyway It doesn't matter. All that matter is what PCB is thinking about him?
Do they have place for young Fast bowler?
Because M Yousuf is still making 100 against Bangladesh where they should have bring some youngster in.
They have not promoted Misbah for one down.
Series Result has been decided even before First match that it is going to be 5-0,then they should have give chance to some of their young player.

I can only think that teams play their best against the worst because if they don't, people won't turn up to watch.

But geez, that happens anyway, right?

Lol
Pace isn't everything. It doesn't matter if you bowl 1000MPH if you can't place it right.

Bowl it at around 135 kmph and have the ability to move it both ways after pitching and before is good for me.

Users who are viewing this thread