Some observations

India51A

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
First of all I'd like to say I really like this game and I think it has a GREAT deal of potential. However, there are a couple of things that really need seeing to.

1. This game HAS to have a game pad controller option, preferably XBox 360 controller compatable. Playing with the keyboard is so outdated and confusing that it makes the game VERY hard work indeed.

2. The bowling marker appears to have a mind of it's own! Soon as I press a button to move it, it goes flying across the crease, it's very difficult to control and really spoils the game when you find yourself bowling wide after wide outside the popping crease.

3. If I manage to get the marker in a decent position outside of off stump, usually by pure luck, the batsman will then take up a ridiculous stance way outside of off stump to play the ball.

These are my 3 main gripes atm, if these could be fixed, I'm sure this game would blow all opposition out of the water.

1. I am working on Gamepad patch. Hopefully will be done by Sunday.
2. I thought bowling marker was fixed. Even 0 ability bowler were having slow marker for me.
3. AI is smart in game. :)

1. I am working on Gamepad patch. Hopefully will be done by Sunday.
2. I thought bowling marker was fixed. Even 0 ability bowler were having slow marker for me.
3. AI is smart in game. :)

Good news about the patch, but no, bowling marker is not fixed, at least not in my game, has there been an update? It's still flying all over the place for me.

I hear what you're saying about AI being smart, but come on, no batsman stands 3 feet outside of off stump to a good length ball missing off stump!

Also the AI batsman must be pyshic then to know where the ball is going before it is released...

Yes exactly, and the point is that he is making that move before the bowler is halfway down his run, so I believe if batsmen are making pre-emptive moves, then the bowler should be allowed to change his direction of the ball to cancel out that batsmans move.

Key presses?

I'm having real problems with unresponsive batting - my key presses seem to leave the the batsman either withdrawing his bat or very little else - the occasional late cut or whatever - usually in games each key press shows response of some sort. I've tried using the modifier tool with a little success but not much.

Is it me, my timing, my keyboard or am I just rubbish so far?

Anyone?

P.S. the 360 gamepad patch - sounds great.

Try Pinnacle Game Profiler to use a gamepad, I did and it's not bad at all. Only thing is I don't think the game lets you use 360 degrees. Maybe phrased that wrong, but what I mean is, you can't angle your shots EXACTLY where you want them to go, they seem to have fixed areas, and almost always go to a fielder.

Also the AI batsman must be pyshic then to know where the ball is going before it is released...

I've also found that a bit annoying, but it has made me more aware of bowling to a field setting that will semi counter the batsman's movement.

What's also annoying is trying to get runs through the inner field. Every single time I have tried a square cut, it goes straight to the fielder at square leg, it's not possible to guide it past him!

What's also annoying is trying to get runs through the inner field. Every single time I have tried a square cut, it goes straight to the fielder at square leg, it's not possible to guide it past him!

You need to adjust the shot direction position. I know it is tricky but you can guide the ball past fielders if you manage it.

In the hours that I have played the game I must have made over 50 square cuts, and every single one the animation was the same, and every single one went direct to the square leg fielder. Now are you trying to tell me that's normal? I think not.

I'd like to see a video of someone actually getting the ball past sqquare leg before I believe it can be done, there is no 360 degree coverage for us in this game.

In the hours that I have played the game I must have made over 50 square cuts, and every single one the animation was the same, and every single one went direct to the square leg fielder. Now are you trying to tell me that's normal? I think not.

I'd like to see a video of someone actually getting the ball past sqquare leg before I believe it can be done, there is no 360 degree coverage for us in this game.

Wait for my next video. :D

I am telling you it can be done because I have done it but it is hard. Thats what makes this game enjoyable. In my opinion.:)

My apologies, I finally managed to get one past square leg, but only after a lot of trying and moving of the batsmans stance etc.

On a separate note, do you guys know if there is a way to change which side of the wicket the bowler will bowl?

Users who are viewing this thread