South Africa's tour of India - October/December 2015

PokerAce

Banned
Yeah I am obviously over-reaching, but in 2 days and 2 sessions a result can be reached. Its too much to say though that a result will be reached. The thing is that in this test India were clearly on course to a win, and at 2-0, SA couldn't have really moutned a comeback. So rain has been cruel to India. We all expect a SA resurgence and that is why it was so important for India to win here. 2-0 would have sealed the series. Thx to rain the series still hangs in the balance.

Tomorrow is said to be the worst of the 3 rain days, before it clears on the 5th day. Now the 5th day will be longer than 90 overs, so even if India had gotten 30 overs over the three other days and got 70-80 runs India could have pushed for a win. Right its not happening though.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It was drizzling, but stopped. Crowds are coming in. Looking good. Many college students. Ah! Wish I was in college :c

stefan

International Coach
So all ends in a draw with the first time 4 days have been lost in India. India pretty unlucky here and SA very lucky. All still to play for in the next test.

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
I don't know why but its hard to shake off the feeling of the series changing from here in favor of SA. They were totally on the ropes, looking clueless against spin, and this escape will really boost them big.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't get how can a 10 day break will suddenly make South Africa better against spin.

PokerAce

Banned
^ Are you kidding? 10 days is a lot, especially for class players to get their act together and learn from what they were doing wrong. India had to effectively seal the series when SA were still mostly clueless.

Not to mention this SA attack was quite toothless in the absence of Steyn, coupled with Philander. India were looking at a sure 2-0 had rain not interfered.

stefan

International Coach
Curator contradicts himself in that article says pace bowlers will get reverse swing then claims the same that steyn did before can't happen again. As I recall steyn got most of his wickets with reverse swing then.

Whatever conditions will be we just have to play to our best, if we do there are very sides who can beat us. We haven't played to our best yet in this series. Hopefully Steyn is fit come wednesday.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India's batting line up looking good. Hope the scorecard tells the same thing at the end of innings.

grkrama

National Board President
This pitch looks like it may come out quickly,

----
this one is what i call a Turner not the one at mohali or Blore

Last edited:

PokerAce

Banned
That India have gone in with one seamer and the extra batsman should tell you all there is to know about the wicket. Now people who were complaining about Mohali, welcome to a true Indian square spinner.

I think the most decisive gambit of this test has already been played - SA having to bat last. Chasing even 100-120 will be hard in the 4th innings.

PokerAce

Banned
Curator contradicts himself in that article says pace bowlers will get reverse swing then claims the same that steyn did before can't happen again. As I recall steyn got most of his wickets with reverse swing then.

Whatever conditions will be we just have to play to our best, if we do there are very sides who can beat us. We haven't played to our best yet in this series. Hopefully Steyn is fit come wednesday.

Steyn got 10 wickets on this ground in 2010 and was lethal and key to SA winning by an innings. That being said, I have not read what the curator has had to say, but he is lying if he says fast bowlers will have a role on this wicket. This one is for the spinners, and will be gone by day 2.

PokerAce

Banned
A reasonable crowd so far. If this test does go into day 5 which would be Sunday, there could be heavy attendance. On this pitch day 5 seems unlikely, in all honesty though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread